PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
[Updated] Why Should I Stay with Sprint PCS after they hose me for $300?

Edit: I am reviving this old thread to add some helpful info for PPCGeek'ers! Hope some of it helps. I'll start with this:

1) If you have a longstanding Sprint issue that you can't get resolved through multiple attempts with regular Sprint customer service, dial the hotline at 703-433-4401.
2) Sprint has a cheat sheet they give CS representatives to help them overcome your objections. Here is an example which can be found on Consumerist.com: http://consumerist.com/assets/resour...objections.pdf

Original opening Post is Below:
[Updated: See Post #20]

So, two days before I leave for my business and family trip to Tennessee my Top of the line PPC-6700 (aka: HTC Apache) Sprint PCS Pocket PC starts freaking out. This baby is my lifeline to all things worthwhile when I am traveling. I have all my meeting notes, drafts of my books, address'--you name it; it's all on there (properly encrypted of course).

Here I am, on a Sunday afternoon and instead of watching the games or taking a nap I get to stand in line to speak with a Sprint Repair Store Manager who refuses to give me the time of day.

I explain I am going on a business trip for 10 days and can't be around in 3-5 business days to pick up the warranty replacement they want to give me. In any normal week, this really wouldn't be a problem, but this week? PROBLEM.

"What's the solution?" I ask.

"We've changed our policies. I can't just give you a new phone in the box, you have to wait for a replacement," we went around on this one for about 20 minutes when he finally said, "but you can buy a brand new phone for $585 with a new two year contract and if you return it when your replacement comes in you 'should' get your full refund."

What??? I have to extend my contract by two years AND deal with replacing a phone I don't even want to buy, because this Yahoo won't do something that Sprint seems to do EVERYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY???

I say no deal. Go to another store. Same game. I go to another store. No deal, they've all started keeping notes in the computer record I'm a troublemaker.

I call retentions; they tell me they can give me a $50 credit on my account to pay for Asurion Insurance to give me a replacement. Then I call Asurion. Do I get the phone I need by the time I need it?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take 7-10 business days!!!!!

So I call Sprint and tell them I'm canceling my service. You know what the Retention department says after another two hours on the phone with them??

"We can only give you $150 toward a new phone."
Me, "Do you care that I have people calling me in the middle of the night wanting me to talk them out of suicide and if my phone isn't working they end up dead?"
Supervisor, "I am sorry sir, I can offer you the deal I gave you, our you can try your luck at AT&T."

What????????????

So here I am, stuck paying (according to their acrimonious pretending the drop the price enough to give me the "web special"): $300 damn for a phone that should have been FREE UNDER MY WARANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't care that I have radio interviews needing to be done from that phone. They didn't care that people rely on me to have a reliable cell working phone.

They DON'T CARE!

All because they refused to overnight me the original warranty replacement phone I wanted, asked for, they are required to give me in the first place.

They're loosing my business forever, and to think I was already talking to them about a Corporate Sponsorship for Child Predator Busters!

The founder has been using their service for two months and is just as fed up with their customer service.

Edit:
Did I mention I pay for the premium replacement program? My phone is less than 8 months old?
I told them I would have taken ANYTHING in that store, or online, or through retentions if I could get it overnight that would make sure I didn't loose an interview or a life! And I still have to wait 3-5 business days for my new Mogul to arrive.

What's wrong with these people?

Now, is there a company out there that cares, who wants do a Corporate Sponsorship?

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

Last edited by toviaheli; 12-11-2008 at 08:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache