PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint RHOD400
Carrier: sprint

mpannen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RADIO COLLECTION] - - [UPDATE 06-17-10] Rhodium_W Radio ROMS [Mirrors Included]

I flashed it successfully to my Sprint TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon

TheXev is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev
Re: [RADIO COLLECTION] - - [UPDATE 06-17-10] Rhodium_W Radio ROMS [Mirrors Included]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfr6 View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but after flashing my Radio and ROM my phone seems to have lost its identiy. I have a Verizon TP2 and went from 1.88.07 to 2.35.00 and it worked fine no issues. Did as Task29 and then Flashed BigMaxSenseROM-23569-VZW-7-25 and I cant make any calls now and no data connection. Went back to the stock Verizon ROM and still nothing. Put the radio back to 1.88.07 still no go. Any advice would be appreciated. I am unable to make a call from the phone or to the phone as well as no data service. Thanks
I'm no expert, but when you enter EPST, do the settings appear normal? Check and make sure your phone is either in CDMA only or Global mode (not GSM) before trying to place calls (even to *22.

If you flashed back to stock Verizon (MR2 perhaps at the time you posted it), did you use Mr X's modified MR2 that will boot with HardSPL, or did you use the stock Verizon MR2? The true stock rom should not boot with HardSPL, but Mr. X's MR2 mod should (from what I've been reading).

When flashing any of the radios I've tried (yes, ANY radio!)(post MR3 flash), I have had no luck rebooting into my stock flashed Verizon MR3 (that was previously HardSPL unlocked and booting). In order for me to flash back to the true stock MR3, I had to flash a basic custom rom I made using PPCK, then relock the phone, THEN flash MR3 (I'm on limited bandwidth so downloading other roms such as Mr X's modified MR2 takes awhile).

You say your phone is still booting after flashing one of these radios, just no data or call out? Perhaps try the WU series radios? That is what I am trying next, because I want to remain using the stock ROM until after I've finished some operations on the phone.

Last edited by TheXev; 12-12-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXev View Post
I'm no expert, but when you enter EPST, do the settings appear normal? Check and make sure your phone is either in CDMA only or Global mode (not GSM) before trying to place calls (even to *22.

If you flashed back to stock Verizon (MR2 perhaps at the time you posted it), did you use Mr X's modified MR2 that will boot with HardSPL, or did you use the stock Verizon MR2? The true stock rom should not boot with HardSPL, but Mr. X's MR2 mod should (from what I've been reading).

When flashing any of the radios I've tried (yes, ANY radio!)(post MR3 flash), I have had no luck rebooting into my stock flashed Verizon MR3 (that was previously HardSPL unlocked and booting). In order for me to flash back to the true stock MR3, I had to flash a basic custom rom I made using PPCK, then relock the phone, THEN flash MR3 (I'm on limited bandwidth so downloading other roms such as Mr X's modified MR2 takes awhile).

You say your phone is still booting after flashing one of these radios, just no data or call out? Perhaps try the WU series radios? That is what I am trying next, because I want to remain using the stock ROM until after I've finished some operations on the phone.
Actually, Verizon recently did a security update on the server side that locked out quite a few phones. Basically, the servers no longer recognize the phone as an authorized device. Luckily, it's a quick and easy fix by just calling in and asking them to re-authorize your device. I had to do this a couple weeks back, and I think the number was #8899 or something like that. I have a feeling this will be a common issue starting up here pretty soon as they work on their new infrastructure upgrades
Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)

TheXev is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev

Ah.... that could be part of it. I finally got my phone upgraded.. I will have to try #8899. The VZW guys couldn't even get it to activate today.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Dr.Ama is a n00b

what radio are you all using with Energy Rom?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

DarrellP348 is a n00b

are radios rom specific?......i too am running energz latest jan-06 rom and using sprint radio 2.32.00WF....and i have been using task29 before flashing......it really seems strange that I have tried all verizon radios and now a sprint radio without much success....I'm wondering if I have screwed something up.....just never seem to get much signal even in areas where there is plenty
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I flashed VZW_2.35.00WV onto sprint in L.A. area, it's working out pretty well. Jumps between 2-4 bars where before it was 1 bar. And I was able to send out picture message in a min, where it would take for ever or not go!

Thanks

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

I see that the new Verizon 2.37 radio is out... Can someone please put it up here? Thanks!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmackitup View Post
I see that the new Verizon 2.37 radio is out... Can someone please put it up here? Thanks!
Search.

Go back a page.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)

janusman is a n00b

Hi

I just joined this forum but have been silently reading through the postings for sometime now..

Totally new to mobile unlocking and stuff.. but I have hacked my PSP loads of times..

The step by step process and guidance in various threads have been really helpful and I successfully hard-spl'd my TP2 yesterday.. Thanks to countless people and their efforts..

I have experienced some drop outs in the calls often and hope it improves with the new version of radio.. upgraded the radio to vzw 2.37 and it working fine as far as I checked..

Now to flash some ROMS.. the Stock ROM freezez and hangs quite a bit..

One question - While calling - the 3G signal changes to 1X - Is this a common occurrence??

TIA..

Now to flash some ROM's..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development