PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RADIO COLLECTION] - - [UPDATE 01-15-10] Rhodium_W Radio ROMS [Mirrors Included]

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
my bad.
correct. the gsm is built in.
Just a quick follow up, would all the GSM radios that come with these radios be different in how they would perform overseas? Or they should be similar?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [RADIO COLLECTION] - - [UPDATE 01-15-10] Rhodium_W Radio ROMS [Mirrors Included]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Just a quick follow up, would all the GSM radios that come with these radios be different in how they would perform overseas? Or they should be similar?
not sure. you would have to read through the posts and see if anyone has reported differences in the gsm performance. i don't recall seeing any reports on this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

wl14 is a n00b

too much space between icons makes these icons too small...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

Just throwing this out there...that the new sprint radio 2.32 works the best for me here up in Ottawa
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor

tha Verison (VZW_2.23WV_S) works best for me in Omah, Ne.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor

ok .. i did a ROM Flash and installed my MMS cab and my Radio...had eveything working but forgot to do a Hard Reset after tha ROM Flash... so i did .. just wondering if i need to reinstall tha MMS / Radio again ?
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
ok .. i did a ROM Flash and installed my MMS cab and my Radio...had eveything working but forgot to do a Hard Reset after tha ROM Flash... so i did .. just wondering if i need to reinstall tha MMS / Radio again ?
mms is a cab that you install, so yes. the radio is flashed, so no. when you do a hard reset, it reflashes the rom and erases anything you've installed. custom roms don't have a radio, so when you flash those, your radio remains the same. The stock Shipped roms have the radio, so when you flash those, the radio is replaced.

You could have answered this question for yourself. Go to settings and click on Device Information and look at the radio version you have installed. Or you could have attempted to send an MMS and seen that you couldn't even create one. Or you could have gone to Remove Programs to see that nothing was installed. Just some info for future reference for you..

Last edited by razorloves; 04-04-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

I need opinions... Best Radio for Los Angeles Area
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

WOW I was worried that i was gonna mess my phone up because nobdy has ever explained what a radio does or why anyone would want to change one... I figured it was just software to help my phone communicate with the towers nearby. I decided to give it a try because every since I got the new sprint rom 6.5 my phone keeps switching to 1x instead of ev so i flashed SPCS 2.32.00WF Mirror and it hasnt done that once! Thanks a lot I really needed this! I wish I could click the thanks button a million times!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
WOW I was worried that i was gonna mess my phone up because nobdy has ever explained what a radio does or why anyone would want to change one... I figured it was just software to help my phone communicate with the towers nearby. I decided to give it a try because every since I got the new sprint rom 6.5 my phone keeps switching to 1x instead of ev so i flashed SPCS 2.32.00WF Mirror and it hasnt done that once! Thanks a lot I really needed this! I wish I could click the thanks button a million times!
2.32 is the radio that is in the new sprint rom, so when you flashed the sprint rom, you got the 2.32 radio. So, you didn't do anything by flashing the 2.32 radio, since you already had it. You will want to go back to the radio you had before flashing the new sprint rom, which is 1.96.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development