PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Im on the 28008 build and seems like its the "picture mail" app that I dont like, I like only the Arcsoft 5.0.82.79 look. Is there a way to remove the picture mail app?
Did you already install something or are you trying to send without any mods?
If you havent set up MMS yourself then run the Arcsoft/MMS uninstall cab, soft reset, Arcsoft, soft reset.

If you did that with a version of Arcsoft you dont like then you could go to Start/Settings/Remove Program or run the uninstall cab again. If picturemail.exe or tmail.exe are running the uninstall cab may not run and you have to kill them in Task Manager. I'd just go the first route. Hope that helps.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
Okay. i had the more recent cab for arcsoft. are you saying, if I install an older version of arsoft, I may have better luck?
No promises but I did. 5.0xxxx still wouldnt let me view in Sense, had to view in MS Messaging.
Normally because of the soft resets involved it doesnt matter but try turning off Sense before running through these steps.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-05-2009 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you already install something or are you trying to send without any mods?
If you havent set up MMS yourself then run the Arcsoft/MMS uninstall cab, soft reset, Arcsoft, soft reset.

If you did that with a version of Arcsoft you dont like then you could go to Start/Settings/Remove Program or run the uninstall cab again. If picturemail.exe or tmail.exe are running the uninstall cab may not run and you have to kill them in Task Manager. I'd just go the first route. Hope that helps.

EDIT:

No promises but I did. 5.0xxxx still wouldnt let me view in Sense, had to view in MS Messaging.
Normally because of the soft resets involved it doesnt matter but try turning off Sense before running through these steps.
I just said nuts to messaging through sense and followed your steps and worked only with MS. It works like a charm now. I wish there was some way to to disable sense messaging and use MS ONLY while retaining all other sense features. Oh well. Nothing a quicklink cant make more manageable. Thanks sent.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimk16 is a n00b

Ok in Dec 4th 28008 M2.5 release can i check a new message in the messaging tab then tap on it flip open my keyboard and reply? Also does tv out work? how about gps? those are my biggest 3 issues that its almost impossible to get all working in one rom i am currently running dec 2nd 28008 M2.1 and everthing is working i don't want to flash and get into issues but if those issues are gone i would like to have the weather clock back =)
Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brazen is a n00b

Would somebody be so kind as to summarize the current status of the ROM's? Specifically, the Dec. 4th build 21877 M2.5. What are the current problems? SMS/MMS? ringers? etc. I'm running the Dec. 2nd 21877 M2.5 and it seems to run great but what has changed? why was the classic messaging mod removed?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimk16 is a n00b

Ok in Dec 4th 28008 M2.5 release can i check a new message in the messaging tab then tap on it flip open my keyboard and reply? Also does tv out work? how about gps? those are my biggest 3 issues that its almost impossible to get all working in one rom i am currently running dec 2nd 28008 M2.1 and everthing is working i don't want to flash and get into issues but if those issues are gone i would like to have the weather clock back =)

Also to the mms issues i have a UC setup file on my SD all it does is remove sprint mail install my carriers DCD then install arcsoft, well it also installs groovefish pandora wave coreplayer and setup my email for me and various other settings but that's besides the point. For those who do not know how to use this feature all you do is make a folder in the root of your SD called "CABS" put every program cab file you want in that then make a notepad file that looks like mine titles SDConfig.txt but replace my programs with yours and just have it point to the programs on your sd and all of those programs will be installed when you flash any rom to it (anyrom with UC setup witch NRG does) so i suggest do that and never have to worry about pic mail working or not it ALWAYS works from my from the moment i see the homepage with no other changes

my config file

LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\CorePlayer.v1.3.2.Build.6909Ked.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\h264codecHTCdriver.com.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Groovefish.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Wave.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Pandora.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\myphone.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\MSMarketplace.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\smsnuke.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Juicy47 Western EZInput.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\dcd Verizon Carrier 20090831.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.CAB
XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\Makisu.xml
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

just remove the xml line and extra cabs and it should work so for those who want to place download the dcd for your carrier replace the dcd cab in mine with the title of yours and make a startup that looks like this

LOCK:Enabled
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\dcd Verizon Carrier 20090831.cab !this line insert the dcd cab file name for your carrier
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.CAB
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

Last edited by jimk16; 12-05-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

secondechomatt is a n00b

I can tell you that on the 28008 build, the GPS works great! google maps and sprint nav work flawlessly.

I can also tell you that after doing the usual sms/mms dance that works great as well. It does send with the usual -GSM attached to it. run the CDMA settings cab and you should be back in business.

I just assigned messaging to one of the quick launch spots on the home tab.

Hope this helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE
Carrier: VZW

jetdavdub is a n00b

how do you access programs in dec 4th release seriously?

Last edited by jetdavdub; 12-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdavdub View Post
how do you access programs in dec 4th release seriously?
What build are you on? I assume manila 2.5?
The lack of a Programs list does take some getting used to. Everything is available via the Start menu and nrgz does an awesome job of organizing everything into folders-a BIG plus!

You are going to want to utilize the Quick Links under the clock on the Home Tab. There are 9 by default and really only 6 are functional due to the WVGA--->VGA port. There are plenty of mods that give us more Quick Links.
This is one of them that gives 12:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1259728528

There are others that give 16 or even 20.
Hope that helps.

EDIT:Turn off Sense before modding.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-06-2009 at 12:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondechomatt View Post
I can tell you that on the 28008 build, the GPS works great! google maps and sprint nav work flawlessly.

I can also tell you that after doing the usual sms/mms dance that works great as well. It does send with the usual -GSM attached to it. run the CDMA settings cab and you should be back in business.

I just assigned messaging to one of the quick launch spots on the home tab.

Hope this helps!
cdma settings cab were ?? is it
Old 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
cdma settings cab were ?? is it
Install the widget in my sig. Then you can browse all of the files uploaded in this thread and download straight to your device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro