PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Maddening no doubt. I checked that link you posted and it does appear to be a Diamond thread so that would 'splain it. The link I provided is def for our TP's and that's where I got my stock ROM. If it doesnt go, we may need to examine your flashing process. Let us know.
Yeah, it's not working. Here's what I'm doing.

Put the .nbh in the RUU folder.
Run the ROM Update Utility.
And flash.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Yeah, it's not working. Here's what I'm doing.

Put the .nbh in the RUU folder.
Run the ROM Update Utility.
And flash.
What error/issue are you seeing? The RUU could be bad.
Start over. Take out your SD card. Hard reset your device.

Leave your SD card out and see if it goes.

If not you could try to flash from a SD card, have a spare?
If not back up your card just in case.
Name the .nbh file raphimg.nbh and put it on the root of your card.
Put the device into bootloader and follow the instructions.
Good luck. More detailed instructions are in that thread I posted.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Flashing from the card worked, first try. Thanks! I'm going to flash from the SD only from now on.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will say this latest ROM is pretty cool looking but as with every single other version of this ROM, it's WAY too buggy and slow. I'm finally giving up and going back to the Mighty ROM.

This version has been particularly slow for me. It locks up at random and have to reset my phone 6+ times per day.

Text messaging keeps getting progressively difficult as well. With the last ROM I used, I had to make sure to press into the typing area EVERY TIME or it would open up my contacts list. Same thing now only it doesn't open anything...just doesn't do anything. I don't like how you have to go back to the persons contact card to go "back" and get out of that screen. I realize these are HTC things, not technically the ROM cookers fault but it's annoying none the less.

Lastly...the "running programs" list is WAY to difficult to access...

Anyway, sorry for the rant...good luck with future ROMs!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I will say this latest ROM is pretty cool looking but as with every single other version of this ROM, it's WAY too buggy and slow. I'm finally giving up and going back to the Mighty ROM.

This version has been particularly slow for me. It locks up at random and have to reset my phone 6+ times per day.

Text messaging keeps getting progressively difficult as well. With the last ROM I used, I had to make sure to press into the typing area EVERY TIME or it would open up my contacts list. Same thing now only it doesn't open anything...just doesn't do anything. I don't like how you have to go back to the persons contact card to go "back" and get out of that screen. I realize these are HTC things, not technically the ROM cookers fault but it's annoying none the less.

Lastly...the "running programs" list is WAY to difficult to access...

Anyway, sorry for the rant...good luck with future ROMs!
Really? Which version did you flash?
Old 12-12-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anyone know how to check % memory usage on 21844? The one that you usually see in the top right corner.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
OMG WHY DID HE REMOVE OPERA MOBILE 10 from this latest rom build?????

i swear to god.....

opera mobile 10 is like 10x better than opera 9!!!!!!!
Go to opera website,download opera 10,make default web browswer,problem solved.

HTC EVO 4G
Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Flashing from the card worked, first try. Thanks! I'm going to flash from the SD only from now on.
Great!
A few tips:
I haven't seen any issues but I've been told that the SD flash puts your card contents at risk. So I stopped flashing with my 16GB card.
I'd get small 1-2GB spare card just for flashing on which you can store your stock ROM, a custom ROM or two, and maybe a radio to switch back to (remember the stock flash will reset your radio to a "stock" one, so check it. You may have to reflash that depending on what you were using before)

Bootloader will only recognize:

raphimg.nbh

Nothing else. So you can store multiple .nbh files all on the root of your card as long as you change the name. For example I have

stockraphimg.nbh
customraphimg.nbh
radioraphimg.nbh

all on my card. When I want to do the Dance I just remove "stock" from the file name and I'm good to go. After flashing it helps to change the name back so you remember which file is which.
I like this method a lot and seems easier to me.
Happy flashing!!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-12-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typos
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
2- Nuekblight used to work on 6.1, but 6.5 it doesn't, myself and others also cannot figure out how to keep the keyboard backlight on.
It worked in Energy 6.5, just not the most recent ones. I know it worked on the 11/9 version.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Great!
A few tips:
I haven't seen any issues but I've been told that the SD flash puts your card contents at risk. So I stopped flashing with my 16GB card.
I'd get small 1-2GB spare card just for flashing on which you can store your stock ROM, a custom ROM or two, and maybe a radio to switch back to (remember the stock flash will reset your radio to a "stock" one, so check it. You may have to reflash that depending on what you were using before)

Bootloader will only recognize:

raphimg.nbh

Nothing else. So you can store multiple .nbh files all on the root of your card as long as you change the name. For example I have

stockraphimg.nbh
customraphimg.nbh
radioraphimg.nbh

all on my card. When I want to do the Dance I just remove "stock" from the file name and I'm good to go. After flashing it helps to change the name back so you remember which file is which.
I like this method a lot and seems easier to me.
Happy flashing!!
AWESOME. I don't have a spare microSD so I guess I'll just backup my storage card and then re-paste the files back on after I'm done flashing, in case any of the files were damaged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro