PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

owlmatt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Did anyone figure out the issue with active sync not connecting with the phone since it is in bootloader mode?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:49 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlmatt View Post
Did anyone figure out the issue with active sync not connecting with the phone since it is in bootloader mode?
that's normal, activeysnc wont connect while in bootloader mode, but you can flash roms... just keep clicking next
Old 03-14-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

it keeps saying update utility can not open requested file. Sorry for being a noob. I have both copied the zip folder of the SSK kitchen into my desktop RUU folder and I have extracted it into the file . I have not found a specific (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU) to copy. I have just copied the whole folder. Where is this specific file? Maybe that is the problem. Please help. Would love to learn how to do this so I can keep my touch pro.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

the problem is that a 'kitchen' is an application used to create ROM
Old 03-14-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wow, I'm a noob. Let me learn how to put that kitchen into a rom. SHould I hard reset my phone before doing this and only add net framework 3.5?
Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlmatt View Post
Wow, I'm a noob. Let me learn how to put that kitchen into a rom. SHould I hard reset my phone before doing this and only add net framework 3.5?
lol, dont worry - its all good... we were all n00b once too, just like you
hard reset is gonna happen anyway once your flash a new rom, but it wont hurt...
Old 03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well I am learning a lot but not doing it incorrectly. Got it to "try" and update my rom. So some success. Except it stays on 0% and then says there is a communications error and does a recovery and still the same error. help help would be appreciated. Its a lazy saturday and the goal is to flash my first custom rom. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If anyone has advice. I have done research and looked a lot of places. I have taken off my firewall, taken off my virus protection, removed the memory card and reinstalled activesync. I am still getting error 262 when trying to flash.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:17 PM
the magic mod

owlmatt - sounds like you need to unlock your device
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It's working! My first new rom. Exciting day. Thanks for all your help. Missed one step and wasted hours. Oh well, you live and learn.

Last edited by owlmatt; 03-14-2009 at 08:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development