PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You deserve much praise for all the help you give bro.
Chef? Maybe not... YET!

I know you have the hidden skills and originality to cook great stuff when ever you get ready.
You already know the ins and outs of making roms work with tweaks and mods. That gives you a huge advantage if you started cooking.
I have faith my friend.
Wow, thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
He didn't post a link bro.
It is just in his sig.

The mods should all work on this rom as well without any problems at all I would think.

Last thing I want is for my roms to overflow into this thread.
Ashuskins is a great chef and a better friend.
I edited my post, thanks for pointing out it's in his sig. NOTHING wrong with users checking out your great work either, just would like to know what files are used and to make sure they work here. I made the same assumption that would work too.

You know I would wind up test the files myself
Old 12-31-2009, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

SoaringEagle is a n00b
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Ouch...thanks for straightening me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dude, check the First post AHUSKINS

is the Chef for these amazing ROMs. So your praise is well deserved, just misdirected.

Last thing I would ever want is for anyone to think I deserve any credit for his amazing work.

You see me in here and in root ROM a lot because I helped with testing--nothing more. That and I think those two kick out some amazing stuff!!

Hope that clears it up.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

gorocket1981 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshep View Post
I really like this rom. Great job. The only question or bug I found is if you are playing music from the music tab and hit the power button to turn off the display, it pauses the music instead of continuing to play. Is there a fix that will allow you turn off the display and allow music to keep playing?
I get the same problem... If anyone have a fix, it would be great to know.

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshep View Post
I really like this rom. Great job. The only question or bug I found is if you are playing music from the music tab and hit the power button to turn off the display, it pauses the music instead of continuing to play. Is there a fix that will allow you turn off the display and allow music to keep playing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
I get the same problem... If anyone have a fix, it would be great to know.

Happy New Year!!
This only happens when on the external speakers, right? Mine keeps playing if my headphones are in.

It also kept playing if my backlight timed out so here's a work around for the time being:

Start the music, lock your screen with the default lock or any lock program, let the backlight time out.

Not great but it works for me. I use my headphones to listen to music so it's not an issue for me.

I searched xda and pppcg and tried a bunch of reg edits but nothing I've found has worked so far.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Happy New Year everyone!
First I want to thank both Winmonewbie and Rootlinux for all of the help in testing and with packages.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to get a chuckle out of the filename. Anyway, I have been working on some of the issues reported here but I can't stress how important it is to list your ROM and Build information. For Example:
SKIROM
MaxDusk

I have found that thumbnails on the internet tab will only work with Opera 9.5 or 9.7 installed. Just install 9.5 or 9.7 and do the following:
Add your link to the Internet tab.
Open the same link in Opera 9.5 or 9.7
Link will appear on the Internet tab.
Link will still open from Opera 10 when clicked.
Anyway, gotta go chase my daughter. Cya L8r.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Happy New Year everyone!
First I want to thank both Winmonewbie and Rootlinux for all of the help in testing and with packages.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to get a chuckle out of the filename. Anyway, I have been working on some of the issues reported here but I can't stress how important it is to list your ROM and Build information. For Example:
SKIROM
MaxDusk

I have found that thumbnails on the internet tab will only work with Opera 9.5 or 9.7 installed. Just install 9.5 or 9.7 and do the following:
Add your link to the Internet tab.
Open the same link in Opera 9.5 or 9.7
Link will appear on the Internet tab.
Link will still open from Opera 10 when clicked.
Anyway, gotta go chase my daughter. Cya L8r.
Thank YOU for all your hard work, your ROMs rock!

Happy New Year to All!!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jadoe05 is keeping up the good workjadoe05 is keeping up the good work

could someone help? the download link isnt working for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

I may, and I stress "may", upload the ROMS to Rapidshare. While I would rather not have mirrors I would encourage you to share via PM's. All of this is tough enough to keep straight and I have learned a lot in just the past two weeks about the importance of keeping things organized.

I put together a MaxDusk ROM for testing with a few things cooked in to try to fix the Internet VBookmarks and it ran DOG SLOW. I don't know why, rather discouraging. The more I experiment, the more I'm drawn to both the Standard and now Sense 2.1. Never thought I would say I like the 2.1 but I do. I think it's because it is sooo fast. I do however, miss the Twitter and Footprints tabs. The size of the MaxDusk ROM is just too big in my opinion.

Thinking of removing Opera 10 in favor of Opera 9.7 in the MaxDusk and Standard. You can always go to Opera.com and download and install. If you do that it will even ask if you want to make it your default browser which works well.

How is the new Messaging mod working out for everyone? So far for me it's been pretty good. No hickups. I have noticed that it requires two taps on the Messaging tab to open up the message editor.

Last edited by ahuskins; 01-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Great stuff bro.

Still wondering, do you need some ointment? Ya know for the STD! LOL

Keep up the great work my friend.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Wow Bro, dont know how much of that is your work but you do some great mod work. Thanks.

Do you think it would be helpful, instead of posting a link to another ROM, to flash THIS ROM and/or post the files you used to create such a cool look?
root and ahuskins work together on a lot so the mods are probably the same. Just to be sure, as a user, I'd want to know they worked on THIS ROM.
Just a thought.
Happy New Year!

EDIT: My bad, the link to root's great ROM is in your sig (worthy spot, btw)
Nop,their fantastic work speaks for themselves.
In this picture I never added any link.
Love you Bro have a Happy New Year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3