PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/03/20

ok so now a third time my touch screen stopped working on whiteroot. multiple flashes r required to get it working again but i think i may have figured out what is triggering it to happen. it seems that when using opera, if i flip the phone upside down and the screen rotates, opera messes up and then when i exit, the screen is unresponsive. ive tried a hard reset w/ no luck. it sucks having to restore everything every couple of days. any help would be appreciated. i love the whiteroot though.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 04/03/20

Co0kie 1.7 Clocks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=663548

Last edited by iknowsquat; 04-14-2010 at 09:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have been on WhiteRoot since I cooked it and have not had to reflash at all.
Have had to sr it a few times but that is all.
Something else must be causing your issue.
Have you tried a sr?
Did you flash to stock before flashing wr?
Maybe you have corrupted data.

Just flipped Opera upside down and back with no issues at all.
Using wr to type this upside down also.

Last edited by rootlinux; 04-14-2010 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I have been on WhiteRoot since I cooked it and have not had to reflash at all.
Have had to sr it a few times but that is all.
Something else must be causing your issue.
Have you tried a sr?
Did you flash to stock before flashing wr?
Maybe you have corrupted data.

Just flipped Opera upside down and back with no issues at all.
Using wr to type this upside down also.
I will try downloading the rom again. i have done many many soft resets n i actually thought about flashing back to stock n taking it in to see if they would upgrade to a pro2. its worth a try i feel. just confirmed that a flash back to stock gives the same result. it boots to the screen setup where it prompts to touch the center n four corners of the screen. i cant do it w/out the touchscreen working though! thanks for ur suggestions.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Did it work fine on stock rom?
Did the screen work?
If not the screen is going out and you probably get a tp2.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Bow Hunt,
Some things you may want to consider.
1. Try running your device without the microSD card or try using another one. Some of the problems I had in the past were related to a bad microSD card.
2. If you have a lot of text messages stored up, delete any that you don't need. In my past experiences, having lots of extra texts seemed to decrease my TP's responsiveness. Cleaning house and deleting the unneeded texts helped a lot. While not directly related to your touch screen not working, it could be more related to an overall drop in responsiveness due to too many stored text messages.
3. Could be a bad flash/download. I've not had many problems at all with Roots ROMS, but for some reason, whether it be a bad download or a burp while winrar was extracting the files, some problems arose. Redownloading the whole ROM, extracting, flash dancing and reloading 9.9 out of 10 times will fix the problems. All others were hardware related - like the SD card issue I mentioned.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
cookies home tab & cht editor updated to 1.7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633590

some big changes, its pretty neat

Yeah,
Pretty cool. Cookiemonster even got a story on Engadget.com about it.

=D>

David
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Yeah,
Pretty cool. Cookiemonster even got a story on Engadget.com about it.

=D>

David
& rightly so, have u played with it yet?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

1.7 is the shiz.
I may cook the next updates without s2u2 because I like the locker in cookie now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
1.7 is the shiz.
I may cook the next updates without s2u2 because I like the locker in cookie now.
that'd be fine with me, i'm still using s2u2 but its a cab file away. no probs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium