PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

This is pretty exciting stuff!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [9/16] FRX01 FINAL!

So am I crazy, or does the new reference build have no apps in it? All I have is:

Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Dev Tools
Email
Gallery

No Market even??

Edit: Sorry spoke too soon. That's just in the apps drawer (which I thought showed ALL apps...) I can add all sorts of apps (including the Market) thru the shortcuts -> applications menu.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

the apps drawer doesn't show all apps for you? when i click it i can scroll down and see the marketplace icon.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

So this is final as in this is it? No more updates to this build?

I think I've got something in my eye....
Old 09-17-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post

There could be patches to it, but this is the base we are going to stick with for a while now!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Currently the zimage/modules update is broken. Using this update will result in a failure of android. Use the zimage/modules from either a rar package, or from the project tracking page kernel link to fix this problem. We are working on a fix, and apologize for the inconvenience!
What exactly is wrong with the zimage/modules? I guess I'm a glutton for curiosity killing the cat, and I tried booting up with the included zimage, and it seemed ok actually.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
the apps drawer doesn't show all apps for you? when i click it i can scroll down and see the marketplace icon.
Ya, I see the marketplace in the drawer too.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post

Ditto, say it aint so! Need some claryfication on what final means, I know you mentioned possible patches.

If that IS the case, what's next for you Reef? Whatever Android project you move on to, is pretty much where I intend to follow lol.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Ditto, say it aint so! Need some claryfication on what final means, I know you mentioned possible patches.

If that IS the case, what's next for you Reef? Whatever Android project you move on to, is pretty much where I intend to follow lol.
Oh man Ill be here for a while still got lots to squeeze out of this handset. Im running a Galaxy S now, and there are REAL android devs working on it, so i just am another greedy user again. lol It just means basically they have Froyo set up the way they want it now, it doesnt mean there arent still things to fix, it just means we dont need to try different setups, and can work on pinning things down with this build.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Oh man Ill be here for a while still got lots to squeeze out of this handset. Im running a Galaxy S now, and there are REAL android devs working on it, so i just am another greedy user again. lol It just means basically they have Froyo set up the way they want it now, it doesnt mean there arent still things to fix, it just means we dont need to try different setups, and can work on pinning things down with this build.
Music to my ears. Once again thanks for holding us down Matt!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps