PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Globe Telecom

enyaj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

please help tsowen. I can't find how to get rid of the taskbar icons. I'm so useless
Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyaj View Post
please help tsowen. I can't find how to get rid of the taskbar icons. I'm so useless
Start-System-Remove Programs-(whatever taskbar you installed)-soft reset...
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Globe Telecom

enyaj is a n00b

sorry I don't mean custom task bar icons. I don't want to see any icons on my taskbar other than the start icon
Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
sorry I don't mean custom task bar icons. I don't want to see any icons on my taskbar other than the start icon
Really? I don't think that's possible.
Not unless you use a total shell like WisbarAdvanceDesktop or Spb MobileShell.

Maybe someone will design a set of invisible/clear icons??

Last edited by Trident; 07-11-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Really? I don't think that's possible.
Not unless you use a total shell like WisbarAdvanceDesktop or Spb MobileShell.

Maybe someone will design a set of invisible/clear icons??
I'm not even sure if that would work. It may cause the dlls to revert to the base ROM dlls, bringing the old icons back. And even if it did, you would still have the HTC task manager p in the other corner since it is looking more and more likely that it is drawn, not just using static icons in a dll. Sorry...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshal1983 View Post
hi,

Can any one guide about how to convert shellres.192.dll file to shellres.96.dll.
is their any converter available.

Thanks with Regards
AFAIK there is no 'simple' converter. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
there's two methods you can use, only one is recommended:

1) open your source dll, extract the icon images, open destination dll, replace default icon images

2) rename the file. this method can cause distortion and other weirdness thus is not recommnded.

Quote:
maybe if someone can teach me how to make transparent 32x32 icons I can try to replace the colored ones. You think that would work?
use image editing software to make ANY image 32x32 and save it as .ICO
Old 07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've been having a bit of a problem with phcanoverbmp.dll - and making a .cab to install icons for me.

I'm running Juicy8, 070409 and I created some files for the taskbar. All seems to work well, except phcanoverbmp.dll. If I copy my phcanoverbmp.dll to the windows directory, it works - but the battery icons don't, I get the default icons. I DO have the proper registry entries.

What's weird though, if I use finixnover's battery icon's only cab, it installs and all it does is copy a phcanoverbmp.dll to the \Windows directory and make registry changes. My battery icons work like they're supposed to with that - but his DLL doesn't have the proper volume icons (which don't seem to load from HTCVolumeControl.dll).

So the way it is, I have working speaker icons, and default battery icons - or working battery icons and default speaker icons. I can't seem to have both.

At the same time, I tried adding all of my files to a .cab to be made installable, using WinCE Cab Manager to create the cab, it just fails to install. If I open up finixnover's .cab and replace it's phcanoverbmp.dll and do nothing more to it, it will fail to install after the change.

I guess I don't get the problems I'm running in to...
Old 07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
is this thread dead now and closed to requests?
Why would you ask that? Just because no one responded to your request immediately?
If you read through a little, you'll find that the thread is by no means dead.
Most of the active contributors simply have other things to do that are keeping them busy right now. Be patient. Stuff will show up when it's ready.
And requests will get replies when people can handle them.
Remember, is your friend. If it hasn't been done yet... patience is a virtue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
patience is a virtue.
actually, its just a minor form of despair disguised as a virtue
Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I've been having a bit of a problem with phcanoverbmp.dll - and making a .cab to install icons for me.

I'm running Juicy8, 070409 and I created some files for the taskbar. All seems to work well, except phcanoverbmp.dll. If I copy my phcanoverbmp.dll to the windows directory, it works - but the battery icons don't, I get the default icons. I DO have the proper registry entries.

What's weird though, if I use finixnover's battery icon's only cab, it installs and all it does is copy a phcanoverbmp.dll to the \Windows directory and make registry changes. My battery icons work like they're supposed to with that - but his DLL doesn't have the proper volume icons (which don't seem to load from HTCVolumeControl.dll).

So the way it is, I have working speaker icons, and default battery icons - or working battery icons and default speaker icons. I can't seem to have both.

At the same time, I tried adding all of my files to a .cab to be made installable, using WinCE Cab Manager to create the cab, it just fails to install. If I open up finixnover's .cab and replace it's phcanoverbmp.dll and do nothing more to it, it will fail to install after the change.

I guess I don't get the problems I'm running in to...
You have to make sure the speakers are the same in the shellres.192 and the phcanOverbmp.dll and also the HTCVolumecontrol.dll for everything to work correct.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes