PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CoPilot Live 8 on sale for $19.99 Thanksgiving weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Great detective work!
That's good news that you can reactivate it upon a new flash.

The bad news is that it seems like a pain to have to deactivate and manually enter the code into the website every time you flash.... but I guess at least it's possible to do it.
I have known you could do this all along. The problem is I never remember it until after I flash (which I do all the time) & CP doesn't work & then it's too late & you have to kiss their @ss to get it going again.........

At this point I don't really care anyway, the maps are so outdated this software is pretty useless & I won't bother re-installing it again. Garmin works fine after a flash & the maps are way more up to date so I'll stick with that.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 12-01-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Well, for anybody who missed this deal -you're not missing much.

The maps in this POS are at least 10 years behind GarminXT (I have both).

I have now found two very large residential neighborhoods that are at least 10 years old that are completely missing from CP 8 & show up fine in GarminXt & Google maps.

The CP 8 maps are so outdated I would never rely on this software to guide me to an unknown destination.

~John
good to know thanks for the honesty. i use garmin xt, but i was tempted to try this cause it looks nice. didn't end up pulling the trigger and i'm not interested if the maps arent on par with garmin though. tomtom and garmin remain as the kings of GPS software (at least in the US).
Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Thanks OP!! I took advantage of this offer yesterday, and I am loving CoPilot! Well worth the 19.99.

I clicked the Thanks button for ya for sharing this

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

qwalls is just getting started

I also grabbed this for $20 over the weekend. Very easy to use, and excellent routing for long trips, but I have to agree that the maps are pretty bad. Route creation is lightning fast, even for long trips crossing several states. Not a great navigator for around the city. I've noticed a lot of the residential streets and streets less than 10 years old are missing addresses. I also have IGO8 on my card, and it's the opposite. Excellent maps and great for around the city, but terrible routing for long trips.

Garmin XT isn't the ultimate solution either. The interface is simple to use and the extra features are great. Of the three, it's the only one with significant GPS lag...around 4 seconds. Slow to start, and route creation, contact searches, etc are VERY slow. Routes for long trips are much better than IGO8 but not as good as CoPilot.

I used iGuidance version 1 several years ago. Maybe I'll try the current version.

Last edited by qwalls; 12-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software