PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CoPilot Live 8 on sale for $19.99 Thanksgiving weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
This is a super deal & I will be buying it also, but be warned of a couple things:

I bought CP7 a few PPC's back & for one their tech support is absolutely awful.

Normally, I could care less about that but in the case of this software sometimes you have to deal with CS & here's why. After you install it, you have to activate it over the internet & then after that every time you start it up it checks that again.

If you leave your system dead stock & never customize it (like we all do on this site) you will probably be fine. If you do a lot of flashing etc, this is the last software in the world you want to own (go with GarminXT instead). Every single time I made even a minor change to my system, the nert time I started CP it would tell me the reg code was invalid. If you try to re-activate it at that point, it refuses saying it is in use on another system (this must have happened to me 30 times, I'm not sure it ever worked once when I really needed it to)

At that point, all you can do is contact their awful CS & deal with them. They can get really snotty too, one time they told me "this is the last time we are re-activating your software, if this happens again you are out of luck"

~John
Thanks for the info! You mentioned that was the case with CP7. Do you or anyone know if that "Activation check" is the same with the new version, CP8?
Old 11-28-2009, 08:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

cdmoore74 is a n00b

Thanks for the heads up. I flash alot too making this program useless for me.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Not being able to use this software after flashing.....sounds like crazy talk...so I did some research.

I was reading the support section I know it says "Hardware" and when we flash it is "Software". After reading it sounds like people need to deactivate before flashing, then reactivate after flashing.

Software License Deactivation:
Note: To transfer your software license to new hardware, first deactivate your current license, then re-activate on new hardware.
http://activate.alk.com/ALKLicense/w...ctivation.aspx

Here is some more stuff about xfering the license <------Good need to know info!!!
http://activate.alk.com/ALKLicense/web/licsummary.htm
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Not being able to use this software after flashing.....sounds like crazy talk...so I did some research.

I was reading the support section I know it says "Hardware" and when we flash it is "Software". After reading it sounds like people need to deactivate before flashing, then reactivate after flashing.

Software License Deactivation:
Note: To transfer your software license to new hardware, first deactivate your current license, then re-activate on new hardware.
http://activate.alk.com/ALKLicense/w...ctivation.aspx

Here is some more stuff about xfering the license <------Good need to know info!!!
http://activate.alk.com/ALKLicense/web/licsummary.htm
Great detective work!
That's good news that you can reactivate it upon a new flash.

The bad news is that it seems like a pain to have to deactivate and manually enter the code into the website every time you flash.... but I guess at least it's possible to do it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

is copilot 8 better than garmin xt? i have garmin xt and love it.. it has slight lag, but all the features are awesome
Old 11-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

I'm so far digging copilot. I couldn't pass up the deal. I have been using tomtom for the past 2 years and copilot seems to lock a gps signal way faster than tomtom. I know it sucks that we have to deactivate the license to flash a new rom but at least we have a way.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

does it have TTS? I dont want to give up having Yoda guide me thru TomTom if this is not text to speech

Last edited by o0adam0o; 11-29-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
does it have TTS? I dont want to give up having Yoda guide me thru TomTom if this is not text to speech
This is from their www and it looks like a premuim feature that needs to be purchased.
http://guide.copilotlive.net/doku.php <----user manual

Language and Voice

You can change the language used for all buttons, information and instructions displayed on-screen and spoken by your CoPilot Live.

Select Menu > Settings > Language and Voice.
Choose a language from the list.
Once you have selected a language, you can then go on to choose a voice. Your CoPilot Live has two different kinds of voices:

Human voice – using the voice recording of an actor,These voices provide pre-recorded spoken instructions such as Turn Right.
Computer voice¹ - produced using Text To Speech (TTS) computer technology. TTS converts written text into a computer generated voice which mimics a human voice. These voices provide spoken instructions and can also pronounce street names, live messages, traffic incidents, weather reports and other written information.

¹Text To Speech voice guidance is a premium feature available for purchase through CoPilot Central. Availability varies by region. Not available in CoPilot Live for Android phones and iPhone.

If you want your CoPilot Live to provide full voice instructions, for example say street names etc., you will need to select a voice with TTS, which will be marked with an asterix.

Select Test to hear a sample of your chosen voice.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:58 PM
VIP Member

Bit the bullet and bought it for $19.99

FYI, just checked today and the price only went up to $24.99.

Only saved $5... oh well.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Well, for anybody who missed this deal -you're not missing much.

The maps in this POS are at least 10 years behind GarminXT (I have both).

I have now found two very large residential neighborhoods that are at least 10 years old that are completely missing from CP 8 & show up fine in GarminXt & Google maps.

The CP 8 maps are so outdated I would never rely on this software to guide me to an unknown destination.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software