View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
x10guy
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CoPilot Live 8 on sale for $19.99 Thanksgiving weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
This is a super deal & I will be buying it also, but be warned of a couple things:

I bought CP7 a few PPC's back & for one their tech support is absolutely awful.

Normally, I could care less about that but in the case of this software sometimes you have to deal with CS & here's why. After you install it, you have to activate it over the internet & then after that every time you start it up it checks that again.

If you leave your system dead stock & never customize it (like we all do on this site) you will probably be fine. If you do a lot of flashing etc, this is the last software in the world you want to own (go with GarminXT instead). Every single time I made even a minor change to my system, the nert time I started CP it would tell me the reg code was invalid. If you try to re-activate it at that point, it refuses saying it is in use on another system (this must have happened to me 30 times, I'm not sure it ever worked once when I really needed it to)

At that point, all you can do is contact their awful CS & deal with them. They can get really snotty too, one time they told me "this is the last time we are re-activating your software, if this happens again you are out of luck"

~John
Thanks for the info! You mentioned that was the case with CP7. Do you or anyone know if that "Activation check" is the same with the new version, CP8?