PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM 6.1
Carrier: Sprint

slepewoker is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Touch Configuration

I don't know quite what the technical name is, but it is the process where you type into the keyboard ##(series of numbers)# that enables you to access the inner workings of the phone. I used to be able to do this on the Samsung A920 & M520 since they have actual keyboards. However, I am having trouble doing so on the Touch. I have been having some technical problems and contacted Sprint. Their only solution was to perform an IOTA, which craps out with an error number 1012. They then want to perform the process above but with no luck since it does not seem to work on a keyboardless phone. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Configuration

Try this ##778#
Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Right, thanks for the code. But, the problem is actually that I type the ##778# or whatever into the phone and then nothing happens. Pressing talk just makes it dial. Am I supposed to be doing anything after I type in that code? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have been having problems first with picturemail. When I try to log on using the pictures.sprintpcs.com, it says I need to call in. They say it should be part of the standard Vision package. Thanks Sprint. Then it was the IOTA would always fail with the error code 1012. Now, when I try to use the Sprint Nav, it says I need to buy it, even though I have Power Vision Ultimate, which includes the Nav. I called in to Sprint and they said that they need to re-program. Apparently that requires a hard reset. No thanks, I have over 100 programs on phone and card. And while I have backed up using Sprite, it never turns out right since so many programs are on the card. They said they think there is something wrong with my MSID. Any thoughts on this? I don't exactly get a good confidence level with Sprint Tech Support. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming
##786# - EPST - Reverse Logistic
##4772579# - RESETs
##37872# - Full Speed USB Mode - Enable/Disable
##8626337# - EPST/Vocoder -
##2539# - EPST/A-Key - Authentication Key
##7738# - EPST/P_Rev - Protocol Revision
##3282# - EPST - Basic Programming
##775# - EPST/PRL - PRL Settings
##3386# - DDTM - Enable/Disable
##33284# - Debug - FieldTrial Debug Info
##3424# - DMR - PORT INFO

theres a few codes.

if ur having problem trying to use codes ( ie dialing the number instead using the code. ) then U might have to reprogram the phone. ( ie hard reset ) or it could be due to custom roms messing with the codes!!!

Slepewoker! If its your msid then u need to get your msl code then reprogram msid again to the correct number. that doesnt have anything to do with a hard reset....Lol I programed my wifes phone one day but put my phone number on the msid part! al her texts and calls came to my line. she could still call out and such but when her friends sent a text or called they came to me. lol she wasnt happy to say the least.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work

If the phone is not recognizing the codes, you can use the File Explorer and navigate to /windows/EPST, click the EPST icon and it should bring it up
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

The reason why you cant enter the codes most likely is because you probably have a different dialer skin loaded in your phone, like inesoft, or some custom roms dont work with the## codes. If you hit ##data#, or any other codes like listed above, thats the problem. If you go to the dialer, hit menu, options,services,internet, Then hit start IOTA. If you have a custom rom the internet option may not be there. You would need the IOTA cab file to get that back. If you need it, let me know.

Here are some .cabs
IOTA cab will give you the internet settings in the phone options as I explained above if they not there already. Then you will be able to update your IOTA.

Dcd Sprint cab will set your internet to point to the correct number#777 in your connection settings.

Sprint update profile and prl cab will put the update option back in start/settings/system folder

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 05-26-2009 at 02:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. I tried the Update Profile and PRL cab. It corrected the error I was getting when I tried an IOTA and got the error 1012. However, the problems that I am having with with Sprint Nav, picture mail, and actually the worst problem - tmail.exe error still persist. BTW, I use VITO SMS Chat 1.2. I randomly and more frequently get an error regarding tmail.exe which prevents the text from coming through. Does anyone know how to fix a problem with tmail.exe? Also, I did try the QPST in the windows folder. I checked and the MSID and my phone number are the same. When I wanted to see what was behind the edit button. It asked for a code. I didn't know what code to enter.

Figured out the the Kaspersky Anti-Virus was screwing things up. Uninstalled it and no problems yet. Don't ask me why I installed that to begin with, what with all the viruses out there for winmo.

Last edited by slepewoker; 06-03-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
The reason why you cant enter the codes most likely is because you probably have a different dialer skin loaded in your phone, like inesoft, or some custom roms dont work with the## codes. If you hit ##data#, or any other codes like listed above, thats the problem. If you go to the dialer, hit menu, options,services,internet, Then hit start IOTA. If you have a custom rom the internet option may not be there. You would need the IOTA cab file to get that back. If you need it, let me know.

Here are some .cabs
IOTA cab will give you the internet settings in the phone options as I explained above if they not there already. Then you will be able to update your IOTA.

Dcd Sprint cab will set your internet to point to the correct number#777 in your connection settings.

Sprint update profile and prl cab will put the update option back in start/settings/system folder
I stripped out the phone program I had - PhonEx. I can now punch in the codes. Thanks.

Last edited by slepewoker; 05-27-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I contacted Sprint. They tell me that Sprint Nav and Picture Mail are not included in my Power Vision Ultimate Pack. How the hell does that make sense?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software