PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPSToday v0.9.9.7 Beta

Have you checked the GPS settings? Are you allowing Windows to control it or manually (if manually, try comm port 4 at 4800 or so).
Old 05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I let window control the gps with comm 4 and 4800 selected. when I turn off windows control nothing works. I dont get it.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

gadgetluva is a n00b

Does GPStoday ever cause your devices to hang on a soft-reset? I've noticed this on various devices...most notably the GSM Treo Pro.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The plugin ever get updated?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Not yet.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

graphic914 is a n00b

How can i set the app to stay on. I press the red satellite button and get a lock. after about 30 seconds it goes off and I need to press the red satellite button again to get a sat lock. Is there a way I don't have to keep pressing the sat button every 30 seconds?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic914 View Post
How can i set the app to stay on. I press the red satellite button and get a lock. after about 30 seconds it goes off and I need to press the red satellite button again to get a sat lock. Is there a way I don't have to keep pressing the sat button every 30 seconds?
If you press the little red box, and slide it all the way over to the right, it'll stay green then.
dschoenike

Old 05-31-2009, 10:05 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how is this better than google maps
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: ATT

GPSToday is keeping up the good workGPSToday is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisburyl View Post
how is this better than google maps
Of course our own opinion is biased, but here is how:

At the most basic level, except street-view and live traffic, GPStoday does everything that google maps does, but GPStoday also does a whole bunch of things google maps does not. Some of these are listed below:

1. GeoWeather: Automatically see your GPS based local weather, and/or get the weather for any location on map.

2. GeoTagger: Automatically geotag pictures you snap on your phone with your GPS position, and/or geotag pictures by choosing location on map.

3. GeoLogger: Log your movements with near survey quality to a file on your phone. View the log file track on the GPStoday map, even "play" it back if needed. Upload to your online account from within the app. Manage/View/Export to GPX on website.

4. Always see your street address, nearest contact from address book, or your geogroups network.

5. GeoGroups: Map and share points-of-interest, pictures, messages, with friends/family or like-minded folks, or as a private location sharing hub for all your company's employees. http://www.geoterrestrial.com/geogroups/

6. GeoAlerts(coming soon): Get notified whenever something of your interest happens in your vicinity.

7. The list is too long. Goto http://www.geoterrestrial.com/ to see all the features.

Thanks,
-The GeoTerrestrial Team

Last edited by GPSToday; 06-01-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ive been using gm for years and i would lock pretty fast but ive been having problems with gm locking lately so i gave gpstoday a shot, i got 8 sats within 3seconds. im sold. bye bye gm. love the weather and all the other goodies but bottom line is it locks very fast for me and bottom line is thats what matters.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software