PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPSToday v0.9.9.7 Beta

UPDATED v0.9.9.7 Beta is available for download now !

New/updated features in version 0.9.9.7:

Driving/Walking directions in many countries, with traffic-optimization option.
Log file plotting on map and animated "playback". Also, the geologger will now never clip corners, and will perfectly follow loopy highway ramps. You can now also upload your log-files to the desktop website.(full-featured log-editing on the desktop coming soon)
Location Tracking and sharing (GeoLocation). Track your location history online for your own private use, or share with friends/family. The power-saving ability of GPSToday means you can leave it on indefinitely without worrying about the battery.
Easily and privately (or publicly) share points-of-interest, pictures, messages with like-minded folks (GeoGroups). eg. Track or update swine-flu locations, right from your phone. The possibilities are endless.
'Slideshow' through all your address-book contacts on the map, or through driving directions, or local search results, or all friends' mobile locations
Satellite,Hybrid map views, and many more enhancements for ease of use.
Nearly worldwide support for many features that were previously US only.
Essentially the works, all in a still small package. More features are listed below the screenshots.

This software will not work on OS older than Windows Mobile 5.0 versions, or on any non-touchscreen smartphone. Data plan is recommended for online map features, but not necessary for offline features like geologging or geotagging. An Integrated GPS is advisable (but not mandatory) to fully enjoy the software.

GPSToday Screenshots

It utilizes intelligent algorithms to always maintain and display a fix on your position right on your today screen, without draining the battery.
Always see your full street address, not just geo-coordinates.
GPSToday always shows the distance to the nearest contact from your device's address book.
Single tap to create a new contact with your current location as the address, or save the current location as an existing contact's address. Imagine not having to type the full street address on the PPC keyboard!
You will never need the stylus to use GPSToday!
Speed, heading and satellite data is shown clearly on the today screen whenever the GPS is running.
In-pocket tap protection. A single tap on the today screen only operates the GPS in quick fix mode. To fully start the GPS in continuous mode requires an iphone like sliding motion, guaranteeing no pocket accidents.
Single tap from the today screen to access fully draggable online maps!
Always see all your address book contacts on the map. Just tap a contact to quickly call/email or send sms.
Single tap from today screen to quickly do a yahoo local search around your current position and see the results on a live map. Just tap a result to call or open the website.
High quality Yelp Reviews for local search results!
Fetch the full street address for any point on the map.
GPSToday automatically disables data access when your device goes into roaming mode.
New! Install the GeoTagger add-on to have pictures automatically geo-tagged with current location!
You can also manually geotag single or sets of pictures by selecting the desired location on the map.
And many more features.
Best of all, its free!
Attached Files
File Type: cab GPSTodayApp0997.CAB (513.2 KB, 299 views) Click for barcode!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: GPSToday v0.9.9.7 Beta

Thanks!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Santod - C'mon man, your just out there trolling to post lil' updates to older threads - why not just find the last thread via a search

Official Thread Here @ ppcgeeks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=GPSToday

and

Someone else like yourself who beat you to the punch...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=GPSToday

and post the update there as a response- if the op doesn't update the thread in a day or two then make a new thread.

I like a lot of what your doing, but your goin' just a little too fast, for instance - post a link to the originating thread - especially the authors thread - or wherever you got the info from - otherwise tomorrow, when a new version comes, out no one knows... then this thread is old, and someone like you creates a new one. Much better to have one defined thread about an ap than 12 different ones with different versions floating around to find anything...

Welcome to ppcgeeks! now SEARCH!!!!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Cool Re: GPSToday v0.9.9.7 Beta

Thanks Nuguy, however I disagree with you on most of what you said. I am not out there trolling around to post updates to old threads bro. I am trying to find the latest and greatest software for my phone constantly. If I happen to find or create something useful, I like to share it with others who may find it useful as well. I search the forums just fine on my own and forgive me if I missed the 6 month old thread about GPSToday. It just so happens that there are new threads started everyday regarding an updated release of software, for instance Opera Mobile and Mini, every new version gets a new thread! I personally don't mind, since even when you post an updated link in an existing thread, the OP sometimes does not update the original post. Then it appears as if the old thread got some new attention, but nothing major has happened. I like to know about new software revisions in the OP Title, myself. Anyhow, you don't have to read my threads or keep them active by replying with such a waste of a response, to a thread you didn't want to see to begin with. I'm here because this is a positive community who shares a common interest with me, if you don't like my threads, don't read them, I'm here to help and share with others. Later.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

i love this app but how does one geotag i tired and never got it to work help plz anyone

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

@Not_A_Stain - I haven't tried w/ the new version, but couldn't get geotaging to work in previous builds...

@Santod - Read the rules of the site please...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62330

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56810
Old 04-30-2009, 04:47 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

basically posting in the existing thread saves coz merging it.
many of us like to subscribe to threads so we're kept up to date, as we don't always see new posts. also if we have to subscribe to multiple threads, when do we remember to delete the old subscription.... recently there was a site-wide cleanup of subscriptions, as they are a heavy load.
anyway, glad I know about the new version.

@not_a_Stain - I just use the gps camera mode, when I want gps tags.

Last edited by shaggylive; 04-30-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I cant get this version or the previous one to work. What am I missing? TP, stock verizon ROM. My google maps, GarminXT and GPS2clipboard are all working fine. All I ever get is the the red box with the little green dot.

I really just want to geotag pics....I have also tried the GPS photo mode enabled from daimond tweaks but it just stays stuck at "initializing" What gives?

I would really appriciate some help. THANK YOU!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Seems like other ppl have problems getting the geotag option to work too...I have the gps hack on the tp stock cam but not really sure its tagging the photos I'm taking? How can one tell?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Seems like other ppl have problems getting the geotag option to work too...I have the gps hack on the tp stock cam but not really sure its tagging the photos I'm taking? How can one tell?
upload to flickr and see if it will map it of get Exif reader (free) and open a photo in it and see if the coordinates are n the data.

Did you have to do any configuring to your phone to get GPStoday to get a lock?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software