PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing
I also would like to know how to make the clock not show up on top in my today screen. My tabs open properly 1st is email 2nd is sms and 3rd is missed calls. Weather works great, i edited in my city to the xml... Thanks again for this...
If u have wisbar advance 2, u can hide the clock in Clock Settings in Wisbar Settings.
Yeah, but I've been trying to go without WA2/3 and I like the speed difference and lack of conflicts.
I remember seeing a hack somewhere that allowed the clock to only be visible when the Today Screen wasn't.
Tried searching, but those terms are way to vague.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing
I also would like to know how to make the clock not show up on top in my today screen. My tabs open properly 1st is email 2nd is sms and 3rd is missed calls. Weather works great, i edited in my city to the xml... Thanks again for this...
If u have wisbar advance 2, u can hide the clock in Clock Settings in Wisbar Settings.
Yeah, but I've been trying to go without WA2/3 and I like the speed difference and lack of conflicts.
I remember seeing a hack somewhere that allowed the clock to only be visible when the Today Screen wasn't.
Tried searching, but those terms are way to vague.

Also keep in mind, like I said, I am just running the rom from the 1.02 kitchen, havent changed any registry settings, as well as do not use wisbar. I have no issues as far as both clocks displaying at the same time. Guess I got lucky!

As far as updates, colonel is still looking into the dll files... it more than likely will also be included in the new kitchen. I posted over at xda to see if we may be able to have a few more minds look in to adding the other tabs =]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Neat thread. I'll try this later too.

Couple of things:

(1)
I'm going to move this to the PPC Software section. No need to horde it in the Apache section (If that is a problem please give me a better place to move it to!)

(2) I hide my upper clock by using Vicott's UI Tweaker. I then change the top/bottom bar to Black (or something else). Then, using Tweaks2k2 (or the corresponding registry hack, to save you money) I turn the Start Menu Font to match the same color as the Bar.

This hides (a) the clock but also (b) the Program name. I don't mind the latter as I can usually tell what program I'm in without reading it's title :P
Old 07-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Bump for Treo Users:

This works too but you NEED to do some Today Plugin re-ordering otherwise it can screw with the device!

Details/instructions here:

Treo How-to For HTC Home Plugin

Thanks to the OP for doing this. Hope the 5 tab version is coming
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Lurker

Adrocktt is a n00b
Re: HTC Home 3 button and Clock working on WM 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama
Hello All,

I have enjoyed learning a lot on ppcgeeks and decided to give back!
Hopefully someone hasn't beat me to this, and if so, I feel really smart right about now..

I can confirm this plugin works on WM5. I am using Helmi's 3.5 kitchen 1.02 rom.

I have uploaded HTCHOMEWM5.rar under Apache/Misc Apps
(I can't attach the link, too new lol)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

4. Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!

Enjoy, and please let me know if we can expand on this... perhaps add the photo dial tab...

Thanks!

superevilllama

Edit: sorry.. its a rar file. the cabs are inside.
I am having trouble getting this to work I have tried a few various versions of the HTC Home Plugin without luck. I followed all the steps above, including preinstalling the test certs and I wasn't able to get the HTC patch to appear under my today list items for use.

The only step I wasn't able to complete was "copy the PPC phone folder to windows and replace any files." I am not sure what PPC phone folder you're referring to here.

I'd appreciate any help here, as I'd love to get this plugin working and give the HTC home a shot on my Apache. Thanks
Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Cellfreak is keeping up the good workCellfreak is keeping up the good work
Files

I just loaded up the Today plugin and it works great.
The two files need to be copied over to your Windows folder.
Check out my Moto Q Photoshow
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8209
Old 07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Home 3 button and Clock working on WM 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrocktt
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama
Hello All,

I have enjoyed learning a lot on ppcgeeks and decided to give back!
Hopefully someone hasn't beat me to this, and if so, I feel really smart right about now..

I can confirm this plugin works on WM5. I am using Helmi's 3.5 kitchen 1.02 rom.

I have uploaded HTCHOMEWM5.rar under Apache/Misc Apps
(I can't attach the link, too new lol)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

4. Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!

Enjoy, and please let me know if we can expand on this... perhaps add the photo dial tab...

Thanks!

superevilllama

Edit: sorry.. its a rar file. the cabs are inside.
I am having trouble getting this to work I have tried a few various versions of the HTC Home Plugin without luck. I followed all the steps above, including preinstalling the test certs and I wasn't able to get the HTC patch to appear under my today list items for use.

The only step I wasn't able to complete was "copy the PPC phone folder to windows and replace any files." I am not sure what PPC phone folder you're referring to here.

I'd appreciate any help here, as I'd love to get this plugin working and give the HTC home a shot on my Apache. Thanks

The "copy the PPC phone folder contents to the \Windows folder" is a vital part. THat is what makes it work. it has edited dll files that allow the plugin to work in windows mobile 5. If you are doing it on your phone, you need to use total commander to see the hidden files, otherwise do it while connected to your desktop and allow hidden files to be shown.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Iusacell 3G

grypho is just getting started
No luck in my hw6945... I tried everything but didn't work... It appears under today plugins but I only get a blank square in my screen...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

6 tab version working...

Alright guys... I think we may have been able to get the 5 and 6 tab version to work.. It is gonna take a bit more work to refine it. Will post when fully funcitonal.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Good deal. If you need any help testing let me know. I'm willing to help out.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software