View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
superevilllama
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Home 3 button and Clock working on WM 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrocktt
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama
Hello All,

I have enjoyed learning a lot on ppcgeeks and decided to give back!
Hopefully someone hasn't beat me to this, and if so, I feel really smart right about now..

I can confirm this plugin works on WM5. I am using Helmi's 3.5 kitchen 1.02 rom.

I have uploaded HTCHOMEWM5.rar under Apache/Misc Apps
(I can't attach the link, too new lol)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

4. Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!

Enjoy, and please let me know if we can expand on this... perhaps add the photo dial tab...

Thanks!

superevilllama

Edit: sorry.. its a rar file. the cabs are inside.
I am having trouble getting this to work I have tried a few various versions of the HTC Home Plugin without luck. I followed all the steps above, including preinstalling the test certs and I wasn't able to get the HTC patch to appear under my today list items for use.

The only step I wasn't able to complete was "copy the PPC phone folder to windows and replace any files." I am not sure what PPC phone folder you're referring to here.

I'd appreciate any help here, as I'd love to get this plugin working and give the HTC home a shot on my Apache. Thanks

The "copy the PPC phone folder contents to the \Windows folder" is a vital part. THat is what makes it work. it has edited dll files that allow the plugin to work in windows mobile 5. If you are doing it on your phone, you need to use total commander to see the hidden files, otherwise do it while connected to your desktop and allow hidden files to be shown.