PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah... it's off of my phone

too big
too slow
too power hungry

too bad - it looks nifty
Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman
What is the big deal with this plug-in? Is there anything that it does different then Wisbar Advance or something like that?
Yeah big difference. WA is a task manager. The home plugin shows three tabs, one with the time and phone info, Weather and lastly a launcher.

A better comparison would be with Mobile Shell.

Has anybody noticed a large battery drain with this plugin installed? It seems to be killing mine.
I was talking more in regards to Wisbar Advance Desktop
Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
LOL, why have one when you can have double the fun.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
After using this for a day, some thoughts.
It doesn't slow things down as bad as it seemed initially.
There doesn't seem to be any way to alter any settings on it. For instance, right now, both the center and left icons on the home tab open up text messages. It really should be that one of them is SMS and the other is either email or VM. Truly ideal would allow four buttons to have all four.
It would be nice if the launcher tab allowed some sort of launcher for "Send SMS" or "soft reset" or "today settings" like iLauncher does.
How about a battery meter? Signal strength?
(Is there a way to get rid of my clock in the topbar so that when this plugin is running I don't have two clocks there?)
The weather function is really nice. I haven't had any issues with the current images, so I'm not going to mess with it unless I do. I successfully changed the local cities to work for me. It is a little annoying that it can't download updates while connected via Activesync, but no big deal.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
After using this for a day, some thoughts.
It doesn't slow things down as bad as it seemed initially.
There doesn't seem to be any way to alter any settings on it. For instance, right now, both the center and left icons on the home tab open up text messages. It really should be that one of them is SMS and the other is either email or VM. Truly ideal would allow four buttons to have all four.
It would be nice if the launcher tab allowed some sort of launcher for "Send SMS" or "soft reset" or "today settings" like iLauncher does.
How about a battery meter? Signal strength?
(Is there a way to get rid of my clock in the topbar so that when this plugin is running I don't have two clocks there?)
The weather function is really nice. I haven't had any issues with the current images, so I'm not going to mess with it unless I do. I successfully changed the local cities to work for me. It is a little annoying that it can't download updates while connected via Activesync, but no big deal.

good information.. I know that my clock in the top right doesnt appear unless i am in another window and not on the today screen, so only one clock appears at a time. I have noticed the email and txt message icons work properly if you are using them for the first time IE whichever you open first, thats what both icons open.

I am also very interested in kdoweb's OEM he made out of this. How do I incorporate it into the new helmi kitchen? Do i unzip yur file into an "Optional_HTCHOME" folder? also, do we just include the file luv2chill posted with all the other files in that same folder?

Thanks again your all yur help with improving this plugin!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:16 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama
good information.. I know that my clock in the top right doesnt appear unless i am in another window and not on the today screen, so only one clock appears at a time.
I'd like to know how you have this happening. I'd be fine if mine was like this also.

Quote:
I have noticed the email and txt message icons work properly if you are using them for the first time IE whichever you open first, thats what both icons open.
I haven't seen this happen as I didn't get any email today, but I might experiment with it tomorrow.
Either way, it shouldn't work that way!

Good night.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
I also would like to know how to make the clock not show up on top in my today screen. My tabs open properly 1st is email 2nd is sms and 3rd is missed calls. Weather works great, i edited in my city to the xml... Thanks again for this...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 07-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
Quote:
good information.. I know that my clock in the top right doesnt appear unless i am in another window and not on the today screen, so only one clock appears at a time.
I'd like to know how you have this happening. I'd be fine if mine was like this also.
Hmm I really dont know what I did differently. I run a pretty basic rom from the Helmi 3.5 1.02 kitchen. I dont have any addition theme type software installed (wisbar, any type of weather app). It just works! =]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

fgloryofgod23 is a n00b
where is the link to download the file?

thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing
I also would like to know how to make the clock not show up on top in my today screen. My tabs open properly 1st is email 2nd is sms and 3rd is missed calls. Weather works great, i edited in my city to the xml... Thanks again for this...
If u have wisbar advance 2, u can hide the clock in Clock Settings in Wisbar Settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software