PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dvdmon is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon
WunderRadio?

Wondering if anyone here is using WunderRadio. I've been trying it out and it looks really nice. My only problems (on my Touch Pro) are that:

1) Searching via GPS never works

2) When I turn my screen off, the audio goes off as well. This particular issue is the deal killer, since with streaming internet radio AND having the screen on constantly means my battery life will go down to 20 minutes

I submitted a bug report several days ago but haven't heard any response. It seems the makers of Wunder have contracted out the WM version to another company called Jeyo, and they don't seem very responsive. They don't have a support forum for WunderRadio and when you submit a bug it doesn't even come up as a product option.

If anyone has tried this app and hasn't experienced these problems either with a Touch Pro or something else, I'd love to know!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Re: WunderRadio?

I love this app but I'm having the same problems on my touch when I click for GPS I getsome stations really fast but doesn't seem its using GPS to get them and sometimes when I turn off my screen it still plays but sometimes it doesn't usually I have to wait about 5 seconds for it to resume I would love to see this app updated and I hate that lack of animation for the volume controls
Old 02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to dvdmon Send a message via AIM to dvdmon Send a message via MSN to dvdmon Send a message via Yahoo to dvdmon Send a message via Skype™ to dvdmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
I love this app but I'm having the same problems on my touch when I click for GPS I getsome stations really fast but doesn't seem its using GPS to get them and sometimes when I turn off my screen it still plays but sometimes it doesn't usually I have to wait about 5 seconds for it to resume I would love to see this app updated and I hate that lack of animation for the volume controls

Interesting. I tried again at work and for the first time got a list of stations when I went to the GPS category, but you're right, it's immediate, and it also didn't get my actual local stations, but stations from somewhere else.
I also tried turning off the screen and then waiting, but didn't hear anything after 5 seconds, or 10, or 15. Probably about 20-30 seconds later I heard about 1 second of audio and then nothing again (and it's been another minute now). Turned it on again and it immediately starts playing but then when I turn it off the audio stops again and doesn't resume... for... 35 seconds, then goes on for about 1 or 2 seconds, then off again.

I wonder if it has to do with other data that you are downloading? I am using PocketTwitter and also Push to my hosted exchange server...

It's a shame because it has so much that I haven't seen anywhere else, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get support...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Ive been using it for a few days now on my touch pro (stock rom) and its been working perfectly. Gps has brought up all my local stations and it continues to play even if the screen tuens off. Im using version 1.5.1

Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Ive been using it for a few days now on my touch pro (stock rom) and its been working perfectly. Gps has brought up all my local stations and it continues to play even if the screen tuens off. Im using version 1.5.1

Argh, this is so frustrating! I have a stock rom as well, but I've made some alterations like the flip clock, added some apps that might be running in the background. I try killing every other running application but still have the same issues. When I go to GPS it lists a huge number of stations from all over the place. I was trying to see if it was some setting, but I can't find any way to change settings in the app. I tried searching in the registry, but that didn't bring up anything either. What a pain!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
Argh, this is so frustrating! I have a stock rom as well, but I've made some alterations like the flip clock, added some apps that might be running in the background. I try killing every other running application but still have the same issues. When I go to GPS it lists a huge number of stations from all over the place. I was trying to see if it was some setting, but I can't find any way to change settings in the app. I tried searching in the registry, but that didn't bring up anything either. What a pain!
yeah, wish i could help ya out, but it just worked fine for me with no adjustments. I installed to my device and not the storage card if that maybe makes a difference?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
yeah, wish i could help ya out, but it just worked fine for me with no adjustments. I installed to my device and not the storage card if that maybe makes a difference?
Nope, I installed to the device as well. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling... nope, that didn't do anything either...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I finally heard back from Jeyo. They said they are working on a fix for it now...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

az93civic is keeping up the good workaz93civic is keeping up the good work

great app, but gps is also not working, good to hear they are working on a fix
Telus Diamond Radio V1.04.05V
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

never heard of this app... link?

NVM

February 19, 2009 3:35 PM PST
Wunder Radio reaches out to Windows Mobile

by Jessica Dolcourt(Credit: Weather Underground)
There's no shortage of streaming radio apps for mobile phones, but lately it seems that far more have been readied for the iPhone than for Windows Mobile. On Thursday, Wunder Radio (download), already a popular iPhone radio app, also became available for Windows Mobile phones.
It may not be the prettiest radio app out there, but Wunder Radio packs in a ton of stations provided by Radio Time, around 36,000. The stations span everything from talk radio and Weather Underground's local weather reports to the browsing, searching, and genre-scouring you'd expect from a streaming radio application. The search engine, we might add, is sensitive to radio show and show host names in addition to station names and call letters. If your smartphone or Pocket PC is GPS-enabled, Wunder Radio can fetch some of your local stations.
Wunder Radio's extras are also serviceable--you'll be able to save and view favorites, stream stations in the background, and open a URL from the application. In addition to the standalone application, Wunder Radio installs a home screen plug-in onto most phones (our Samsung Omnia's default theme blocked this) that streams program and song information and offers a shortcut to favorite stations.
Price may be the only major sticking point with Wunder Radio. The Windows Mobile version costs just shy of $10 as part of a 30-day promotion, after which the app's price shoots up to $14.99. While competing radio applications like Pandora for Windows Mobile don't have the breadth of Wunder Radio's stations, or even its goal (Pandora Radio is concerned with music discovery, not with talk radio and finding particular stations), Pandora's free application may satisfy many music-seekers. For those with more specific tastes, Wunder Radio's broad tuner gives you a good chance of finding what you seek. A free, 15-day trial period gives you time to bond with the app, after which you'll decide if you're ready to buy.
Note: As it goes with streaming radio apps, faster data connection speeds through 3G and Wi-Fi produce the best sound, with fewer interruptions and skips.
Update 2/19/09 at 5:00 PM PT: Wunder Radio does not fully support phones with a WQVGA resolution. These phones should still receive audio, but may not display images. Jeyo, the company that developed Wunder Radio for Weather Underground, told us that support for these phones will be added next.

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software