PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
MS is on a push to "Finger Friendly-ize" everything.. alot of these UI changes are seen in the 219xx tree and later make their way to the 230xx tree once stabilized..

I think MS is working on making the clock and battery co-exist on the taskbar (so both will be there at once)

You are seeing an artifact of having an in-between build during that push
I can't wait for the next then... giggidy giggidy giggidy...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, gwes.exe handles the Graphics, Windowing, and Event System... which is the area receiving all the work right now, so it's not too surprising we're running into 'issues'

But, I think MS has certainly been listening to our "observations"

Here are some changes I noted in the latest 219xx:

* When you open something in settings, and close the thing you opened, the start menu no longer goes away (it drops you back at the settings menu where you were, like the old start menu did)

* There's now an option in the start menu CPR to enable or disable paginated scrolling (meaning you can "flick" all the way down to the bottom in one swipe)

* All drop-down menu options like the "Show" menu in the upper left of file explorer, and the "Sort By" menu in the upper right now have touchable areas about 2x normal size (but the text/graphics have yet to get the same size increase)

I know those top 2 are among the most requested things to change here and on xda
Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by humrod View Post
If you mean, after a flash, that appear a screen "messages", it is by an OEM package called Bootlauncher (it was in my rom). There's a rgu with a this key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\T Mail]
"Module"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe"
"CmdLine"="-NoUI"

This key is responsible for this screen. I deleted it and all works well and the screen doen's appear any more.
Actually mine does it randomly, all the time, not just after flashing. The messaging screen shows up, blocking screen taps,but doesn't cover the screen, just top and bottom bar. if i hit right softkey it opens messaging options.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\T Mail]

Key is not present in my Reg.

I have;

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\J blend]

I have deleted the Jblend key for the heck of it to see if it helps but something invoking tmail is more logical.

I have also read some references to certain items in Windows/StartUp folder causing this problem. In my startup folder I have;

GAlarm Reload.lnk
PKG.lnk
poutlook.lnk
QuickMenu.lnk
Voice Command.lnk

These are the tmail references in my reg.

Could someone PLEASE look at these and let me know if anything looks suspicious?

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CMessage\Hotmail]
"Image"="2206"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Notifications\InboxMobilizerEnrollment]
"Conditional Target"=dword:00000001
"Conditional Mask"=dword:FFFFFFFF
"Conditional Comparison"=dword:00000001
"Message"=dword:0000041E
"Class Name"="Inbox.MainWnd"
"Value Name"="Complete"
"Key"="Security\\Provisioning\\OmaDm\\InitialEnrollment"
"Trust"=dword:00000002
"Application"="tmail.exe -RunInBKG"
"HKEY"=dword:80000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Raw]
"Params"="-Text"
"AppName"="tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000000
"ExportPrefix"="Raw"
"DLL"="SMS_Providers.dll"
"Name"="Microsoft Raw SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Status]
"Params"="-Status"
"AppName"="tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000005
"ExportPrefix"="Status"
"Name"="Microsoft Status Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Notification]
"Params"="-Notification"
"AppName"="tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000015
"ExportPrefix"="Notify"
"Name"="Microsoft Notification SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Class2]
"Params"="-Class2"
"AppName"="tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000013
"ExportPrefix"="Class2"
"Name"="Microsoft Class2 SMS Protocol"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Text]
"Params"="-Text"
"AppName"="tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000010
"ExportPrefix"="Text"
"Name"="Microsoft Text SMS Protocol"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Broadcast]
"Params"="-Text"
"AppName"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe"
"Priority"=dword:00000030
"ExportPrefix"="Broadcast"
"Name"="Microsoft Broadcast Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C2]
"BtnWnd"=dword:7C0934C0
"WndCls"="Inbox.MainWnd"
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"ResetCmd"="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Messaging.lnk\""
"Icon"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe, 0"
"Name"="Button 2"
@="\"\\Windows\\AppButtons\\Messaging.lnk\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX]
"3"=dword:00000000
"2"=dword:00000000
"1"="tmail.exe"
"0"="TMAIL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Event\Dock\Inbox]
"NotifyOnLaunch"=dword:00000001
"command"="tmail.exe -RunInBKG"
"DockMsg"=dword:00000403
"class"="Inbox.MainWnd"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Event\Network\WDP\9204\TMAIL]
"9204"=dword:00000000
"Command"="tmail.exe -Text"
"Class"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3223F6F1-D6D4-44DC-A252-E06E0fE30DFC}\InProcServer32]
@="tmailutl.dll"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{633AB46F-E1B5-4517-852E-DF95A3F46D22}\InProcServer32]
"ThreadingModel"="Free"
@="tmailutl.dll"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\emlfile\DefaultIcon]
@="tmail.exe,-1001"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sms\DefaultIcon]
@="tmail.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\DefaultIcon]
@="tmail.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sms\Shell\Open\Command]
@="tmail.exe %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\Shell\Open\Command]
@="tmail.exe %1"
Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

23004 is working great on my P3400i (96dpi) except for the same issues already being discussed:

1. dotfred's task manager, gsfinder+ etc have problem with icons when they are selected (this one i dont care, as dotfred's task manager still does its job well and i use resco (genuinely purchased ) for my browsing.

2. compime.dll had to be replaced by one from 21728.

3. Clock and Battery icons show up alternately, sometimes, the today screen has clock and other screens have battery, sometimes its vice versa.

4. Mail application launches on boot even when i have removed all the apps and services from bootlauncher registry.

5. GWES, as da_g said is going through changes right now so its improving, but with lockscreen i see no changes, whenever i use it, my memory usage goes skyrocketing.
Titanium although doesn't have much effect on memory in this 230xx serie.

6. One more thing i noticed, dont you guys think the AKU number is a bit strange in this build?

And please guys, somebody help me to change the icons in Start\Settings area, my rom is looking beautiful with changed start menu icons but i am still haunted by those ugly resized icons in settings

Last edited by krazy_about_technology; 07-10-2009 at 12:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2beeps View Post
Actually mine does it randomly, all the time, not just after flashing. The messaging screen shows up, blocking screen taps,but doesn't cover the screen, just top and bottom bar. if i hit right softkey it opens messaging options.

blah blah blah
I've seen the same thing happening on my Titan. Someone told me that it occurs when your phone checks for email. So the occurrence is related to how often you have phone set to receive new messages. Not sure if this helps, but it may point you in the right direction.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Is anyone else having trouble with custom icons showing up in the start menu? I had this issue with 23003 and 23004
I changed the icons in Base_DPI_192, and it worked with all others builds till now. Is anyone else having any luck?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

can anyone get a fix for the clock/battery in today screen?

I've tried everything and nothing will get it back to the way it was with 23001 or wm6.1
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ Nikki2beeps try deleting poutlook.lnk

Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with custom icons showing up in the start menu? I had this issue with 23003 and 23004
I changed the icons in Base_DPI_192, and it worked with all others builds till now. Is anyone else having any luck?
have no probs with my custom icons showing, have you tried using reStart by showaco?
Attached Files
File Type: cab reSTART.cab (472.1 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
have no probs with my custom icons showing, have you tried using reStart by showaco?
i dont want to do it after, or manually. I need them to show it right away. Ive never had problems with this before though. Cant figure out whats wrong?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software