PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

I posted this sometime before, but i think its gone unnoticed, so i am posting again.

Oh my god, Thanks a lot Da_G for this great explaination, it was very interesting. But can you tell me, If i want my WM 6.1 ROM to fully utilize the changes in 6.1 VM Mapping, what changes i need to do in the XIP/other areas of ROM? As you might know, the HTC P3400i (Gene) phone comes with a WM 6 ROM. I ported the xip to WM 6.1 21051 build. In that process i removed the file encfilt.dll and replaced it with mencflt.dll, added initvmmap.exe to it, and added the following registry settings to boot.rgu :

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch19"="initvmmap.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader]
"EnableUpperModules"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Loader\DeviceStacks]
"LoadHigh"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\bthlin k.dll]
"device.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\sbc.dl l]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\bta2dp .dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ethman .dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\eapol. dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\wzcsvc .dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ipv6hl p.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ndisui o.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\dhcpv6 l.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ws2ins tl.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\redir. dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\irdast k.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\tcpip6 .dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ipnat. dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\netbio s.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\dhcp.d ll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\tcpstk .dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\ppp.dl l]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\afd.dl l]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\l2tp.d ll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\pptp.d ll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\bthuni v.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\btd.dl l]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\asyncm ac.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\unimod em.dll]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\ModuleInfo\sqlces e30.sys.dll]
"filesys.exe"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Loader\LoadModuleLow]
"rsaEnh.dll"=dword:1
After relocating files in the xip, my ROM is running fine. Is this enough for my ROM to use the WM 6.1 VM model, or do i need to check anything else, like something in the the .VM folder?

Also, is it possible for us, chefs, to build a WM 6.5 VM model aware nk.exe for our devices, coz over there at the XDAForums, some guys did it for Hermes, Polaris etc which, in my knowledge were not destined to receive 6.5 updates/native kernel. How can we do it for our devices?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedfikry View Post
i been trying this & i agree that the CE OS version comes from "723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm " in XIP but i can not get the Build version to show correctly ..when i change coredll.dll file it still does not work...

does any one know exactly where is the build version info coming from?
Thanks
Dont know man, even without changing the about specified dsm file my build number always changes automatically. Look at my post just above this one, that is for DA_g. Are you sure you are taking all these files from the donor XIP when porting the xip?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

Sorry krazy, I did read it but did not get a chance to reply,

I think, to take advantage of these new features, you will need a Native Kernel (nk.exe) compiled against WM 6.1 / 6.5 -

With the ones I have posted over at XDA, at one point or another there was a test ROM developed for these devices. Because the code was compiled against the right version, it incorporated those new features.

It may be possible with some clever IDA hacking to make an older nk.exe operate in the new memory model, but this is beyond my skill. The unfortunate part about nk.exe is that it combines device-specific initialization code with the kernel, when these could be seperated - in future CE OS versions I believe it is set up this way (so we won't face these problems in the future where a new kernel brings new features that an old kernel won't access properly)

My eyes are always open for new things (like native kernels for more devices) and rest assured as soon as I get my grubby hands on them, so will you

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
I posted this sometime before, but i think its gone unnoticed, so i am posting again.

Oh my god, Thanks a lot Da_G for this great explaination, it was very interesting. But can you tell me, If i want my WM 6.1 ROM to fully utilize the changes in 6.1 VM Mapping, what changes i need to do in the XIP/other areas of ROM? As you might know, the HTC P3400i (Gene) phone comes with a WM 6 ROM. I ported the xip to WM 6.1 21051 build. In that process i removed the file encfilt.dll and replaced it with mencflt.dll, added initvmmap.exe to it, and added the following registry settings to boot.rgu :

After relocating files in the xip, my ROM is running fine. Is this enough for my ROM to use the WM 6.1 VM model, or do i need to check anything else, like something in the the .VM folder?

Also, is it possible for us, chefs, to build a WM 6.5 VM model aware nk.exe for our devices, coz over there at the XDAForums, some guys did it for Hermes, Polaris etc which, in my knowledge were not destined to receive 6.5 updates/native kernel. How can we do it for our devices?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hmm, i got it. But do you think this is true for WM 6.1 also? I mean, in WM 6.5, the VM space was expanded, but in WM 6.1, there were just layout changes, if i am not wrong. Does there exists any proper way to check this out that whether or not my dlls are loading in upper slots? The WinMo developers blog, in their 2 part article "Slaying the Virtual Memory Monster" shows screenshots of an application that shows some information that can be used to know this, but that was very crude, and the bad part was, they haven't provided link to that application.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

jeffgman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
As btonetbone said, this will fix the issue. So far it appears that only QVGA users are experiencing the issue. Just curious, which QVGA files did you use? The ones from Da_G's 23001 DPI or the old ones? If you used the Da_G ones, did you have any problems with Outlook?
I used the files from Da_G. Everything is working fine except for Text Messages. E-mail is working with no problems. I am able to send a text message, but unable to receive any. The phone does not alert me when I receive one, even though it is setup to. I can see the text message on the home screen, but once I click on Text Messages on the home screen to open up the message, the text message is gone. Very strange.

I will have to wait until I get home in a few hours to see what I can do to fix this. Since I don't know much about the files, I will probably have to rely on the fine folks here to help me out.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: eten x600
Carrier: tim

erickwill is a n00b
Question Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
Heads up - uploading language localization packages for all languages over @ xda

These are from build 23001, and combined with the dpi and common should give us a full solid base

Hello Da_G,

I don't know if this issue concerning to my problem, anyway, I have sure that with your knowledge you can help me.. so let's go ahead..

I had cooked a rom using your last sys and xip 23001 96 dpi, but after flash, it's looks like that there is a problem with the icon dpi resolution and on the main screen the background doesn't works.
Anyone has any idea about how to solve it?

Regards,
Erick
Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickwill View Post
Hello Da_G,

I don't know if this issue concerning to my problem, anyway, I have sure that with your knowledge you can help me.. so let's go ahead..

I had cooked a rom using your last sys and xip 23001 96 dpi, but after flash, it's looks like that there is a problem with the icon dpi resolution and on the main screen the background doesn't works.
Anyone has any idea about how to solve it?

Regards,
Erick
I get it with VIsualKitchen higher versions! But if i use 5.3 version, it doesnt happen! Are you using VK?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, other than the fact the new XIP has NO dsm's it looks ok. What 6.5 builds have you had 100% success with on the new kitchen you created?
I haven't had any success creating any builds whatsoever with the visual kitchen. The working xip that i posted came from my old kitchen that i was using based on bepe's old tools etc.

I can't get any build to work right with the new visual kitchen
Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: eten x600
Carrier: tim

erickwill is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
I get it with VIsualKitchen higher versions! But if i use 5.3 version, it doesnt happen! Are you using VK?
Hello dude,
Actually I am using a different kitchen specific for Eten devices, that uses a lot of another tools to cook..
I really would like to understand the problem, because this is the first time that it happens.. the previous cores doesn't present this problems..

Regards,
Erick
Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
I haven't had any success creating any builds whatsoever with the visual kitchen. The working xip that i posted came from my old kitchen that i was using based on bepe's old tools etc.

I can't get any build to work right with the new visual kitchen
Was your older working kitchen working fine any of the 218xx builds?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software