PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Can someone please help me, I just got my touchpro two weeks ago and I'm ready to flash. I'm familiar with building kitchens and flashing from having my titan and apache. My problem is that whenever I run the updater it keeps telling me that it's unable to run whatever file I chose. I tried to manually install the ppckitchen.rar and " "vga.rar and shareware.rar and still I have no success. After all of that I still need to select the herman or raphael but when I chose those to update into the kitchen I got the same error- "can't find "whatever file ".rar"
Can someone please please help me. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall buildos but I still have not succeeded. Please help somebody, I'm frustrated because I pm people with alltel, GURU, and other people more knowledgable than me and I haven't heard a reply from neither or at least anything to definitely solve the problem.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit360 View Post
try to copy "compime.dll" SYS\Shell from older working build
That was exactly it! Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
Can someone please help me, I just got my touchpro two weeks ago and I'm ready to flash. I'm familiar with building kitchens and flashing from having my titan and apache. My problem is that whenever I run the updater it keeps telling me that it's unable to run whatever file I chose. I tried to manually install the ppckitchen.rar and " "vga.rar and shareware.rar and still I have no success. After all of that I still need to select the herman or raphael but when I chose those to update into the kitchen I got the same error- "can't find "whatever file ".rar"
Can someone please please help me. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall buildos but I still have not succeeded. Please help somebody, I'm frustrated because I pm people with alltel, GURU, and other people more knowledgable than me and I haven't heard a reply from neither or at least anything to definitely solve the problem.
try this page for manual downloads

http://www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads/
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: none

cyclon1978 is a n00b

There is a tool out there (on no2chem's homepage) called spinlockerpatch. It exchanges some old ARM instructions to ARM6 instructions, which are faster.

Applying these to the XIP bin works fine for a Device with ARM6 (like titan/mogul). A speed improvement should be there, but it's not easy to test.

greetings,

Andreas
Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Gene
Carrier: BPL

ankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

here is my 21300 DPI 96 DSM is patched file and module from old 218xx Build

21300_DPI_96.7z (1.65 MB)
Old 06-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

here is my Vouge_23001 xip ready for ppc hd.dll, oxast.dll removed cert patched and spinlocked patched
Attached Files
File Type: rar Vogue_23001.rar (906.4 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Anyone ever see this problem with PPCkitchen ? I checked permissions and tried to make other roms (just tried to create a 21820 with no problems), no problem noticed. It's only happening with 23001.

When it starts to scan (when starting to build a rom), it gives an error when scanning SYS_23001_96DPI_0409.rar. The error is "Access to the path C:\users\<my profile name>\AppData\Roaming\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.3.0Temp\temp\orig_dsm\ca1c6c4d-7cb5-45ea-ac35-6239806c1b25.dsm is denied"

I found this file (ca1c6c4d-7cb5-45ea-ac35-6239806c1b25.dsm) to be in the 1st folder in the RAR, as a test I deleted it and the very next folder had the same issue.

I checked permissions, redownloaed the file and reinstalled PPCkitchen (uninstall then reinstall).

Any idea ? (kind of new building but, have not run into this one yet)

Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-30-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Anyone ever see this problem with PPCkitchen ? I checked permissions and tried to make other roms (just tried to create a 21820 with no problems), no problem noticed. It's only happening with 23001.

When it starts to scan (when starting to build a rom), it gives an error when scanning SYS_23001_96DPI_0409.rar. The error is "Access to the path C:\users\<my profile name>\AppData\Roaming\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.3.0Temp\temp\orig_dsm\ca1c6c4d-7cb5-45ea-ac35-6239806c1b25.dsm is denied"

I found this file (ca1c6c4d-7cb5-45ea-ac35-6239806c1b25.dsm) to be in the 1st folder in the RAR, as a test I deleted it and the very next folder had the same issue.

I checked permissions, redownloaed the file and reinstalled PPCkitchen (uninstall then reinstall).

Any idea ? (kind of new building but, have not run into this one yet)
un pack the offending rar file right click on the main folder that gets extracted go down to propeerties click that , un check read only, open up the main folder, ctrl + a to select all files right click , xhoose add to archive
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post

...sorry but it includes only WMReloc 1.01 ... so anyone here has WMReloc2.0 please ?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
try this page for manual downloads

http://www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads/
I've tried the manual downloads but still haven't gotten anywhere. For instance, I've extracted the ppckitchen oem.rar and vga.rar and shareware.rar to the buildos/kitchen folder and then I'm having a problem with loading raphael and herman core files. I've played around with this for a week now. Can you walk me through the process, I have the kitchen downloads already but I really need someone to guide me through this thing so that I can pinpoint what's wrong or either what I'm doing wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software