PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Well, it's always the easiest starting point. If the problem persist, you at least know that your OEM's are NOT the problem. Also, have you tried using an OLDER tsk file from any build before 21815? (just to see if it lets you at least apply a theme). The QVGA files I posted for PPCKitchen are known to work just fine.
so i took your advice and went back and built a ROM with no OEM packages included and still had the same problem. The only theme that will show up is the aqua blue theme with all of the old style menus. I tried loading an older theme from 21728, but the theme just stayed the same.

so i decided to re-port the xip using a different xip.bin file. Then I went and downloaded the SYS files that you posted and built the ROM again, but still came out with the same problem.

Do you have any other suggestions? And by the way I really appreciate all of the help that you have given me thus far.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xperia X1
Carrier: TIGO

gtrab is a n00b

I hope I am wrong,
but reading Da_G I learn we will all have to force-move to the new visual kitchen soon or late...

ain't ???

or is there a way to let the old stile kitchen understand the new kernel ??
(appart from replacing wmreloc, Da_G mentioned new files in the XIP, and new boot.hv lines)
Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
so i took your advice and went back and built a ROM with no OEM packages included and still had the same problem. The only theme that will show up is the aqua blue theme with all of the old style menus. I tried loading an older theme from 21728, but the theme just stayed the same.

so i decided to re-port the xip using a different xip.bin file. Then I went and downloaded the SYS files that you posted and built the ROM again, but still came out with the same problem.

Do you have any other suggestions? And by the way I really appreciate all of the help that you have given me thus far.
What device do you have?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
any idea on an ETA for SYS files for oldstyle kitchens?
Posting in my thread now - link in my sig...

Edit: I forgot to remove the _skip files so be sure to search for them and delete them all before trying to build a rom...
Edit2: removed now...

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 06-29-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
PPCKitchen files. Browsingie and adobeflash have been recmodded. WinCENLS_WWE is in the 0409. IPSECVPN and Enterprise are optional under system. The 96DPI were put together with 218xx.

The CDMA Touch Pro (Herman)XIP is the only one I can verify. The others, well they should be fine. As usual, these were based from Da_G's kitchen, but this IS the developers thread so....

SYS_23001_Common
http://www.4shared.com/file/11497367...01_Common.html

SYS_23001_192DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/11497544...2DPI_0409.html

SYS_23001_96DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/11497696...6DPI_0409.html

Thanks to Da_G for the goods as usual.
Thanks joojoobee666 and Da_G! Will this have the "grey" background feature the new 21815 and up have? I edited my custom themes to be compatible and they work great in 21815.

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
What device do you have?
I have a T-Mobile Wing. I am using the Ervius Visual Kitchen. I have cooked quite a few builds of a 6.1 ROM and released it over at XDA. I am still kind of a nebie, but not a total dumby lol. I would use the PPCKitchen, but it is not setup for the Wing/Herald/Atlas.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ACER DX900
Carrier: SUN

oldSAP is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
just drop this OEM in your kitchen and it will fix your issue.
hi, is it possible to convert this into a cab file?
or, in my kitchen (for eten dx900) the OEM folder contains several folders (Default/OEM_DPI_192/OEM_Lang_0409/OEMDrivers/OEMMISC) where/how do i add this? thanks.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
Thanks joojoobee666 and Da_G! Will this have the "grey" background feature the new 21815 and up have? I edited my custom themes to be compatible and they work great in 21815.
As far as I know, YES. The 23000 build tree is a continuation of the 218xx tree. Just continue to use the tsk format and all will be well. (i.e. make sure you have the necessary reg keys in it)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am running into problems with text entry near punctuation marks. The text skips around quite a bit. It did this for a number of the 218xx builds and is doing it for the 23xxx builds. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Here is a video to show what's happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLRo3ijCy4A

Oh, and I'm on a Titan.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Gene
Carrier: BPL

ankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone View Post
I am running into problems with text entry near punctuation marks. The text skips around quite a bit. It did this for a number of the 218xx builds and is doing it for the 23xxx builds. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Here is a video to show what's happening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLRo3ijCy4A

Oh, and I'm on a Titan.
try to copy "compime.dll" SYS\Shell from older working build
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software