PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!
Carrier: VZW

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bgill55
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Anyone have any ideas why my battery icon wont change with the rest of my task bar that i cook in?

it worked in 23403 did i miss a file or delete one i needed?

If I Helped you in any way, a simple would be nice!

Visit Me Over at http://Omniarom.com And say Hello!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: eten m700
Carrier: at&t

ahmedfikry is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsac32 View Post
is there a way to have the 23031 with the 23601 contact modded stuff? like a hybrid or sumthin?
+1

anyone know where the "contacts" stuff are?
what do wee need to take from 23601 and include when cooking 23031 in order to et new contacts look?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:54 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
If your phone boots with 23030 XIP then you can just dump it and change the version in the dsm file with the DSMInfo tool. I am attaching it here. Also take a good look at your SYS. Most of the times when i have this kind of problem, 80% times its got something to do with the SYS.
I'm 99% sure it's not the XIP. Sounds like something else. Possibly the SYS as you suggest, but more than likely not. I suspect it's an OEM problem first.

[QUOTE=dennygun;1113642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post

i'm sure i've edited correctly, just won't pass the second splash screen, it goes black indefinitely..any suggestion how to fix it?
Have you cooked a completely clean ROM? The SYS_23031_Common worked great on my touch pro, I always test it clean with NO additional OEMs.

If the 100% vanilla doesn't boot, we can try two other things. By editing the BuildBase file, you can swap DPI and Common, but still use the same Project file. Try both, but I still suspect it's something else causing your issue since I'm sure we would have heard other reports from other PPCKitchen users. The 23031 common has been downloaded 25 times and no other reports. from any other users, but that's not to say there isn't a problem between the SYS and your device.

Any other PPCKitchen Apache users out there? Report?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
Anyone have any ideas why my battery icon wont change with the rest of my task bar that i cook in?

it worked in 23403 did i miss a file or delete one i needed?

I'm pretty sure the battery is phcanOverbmp.dll. Make sure you didn't overwrite your customized one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Those are items I removed specifically for cooking in PPCKitchen. Those items I pull out are available through the PPCKitchen from the PPCK provided OEM rars. If you add them back in, they will give you all kinds of headaches due to conflicting DSMs. The "missing" DPI file I posted is ONLY for those users that are using the PPCKitchen files in any other kitchen.

As far as your Solitaire problem, I have not seen that issue myself. There are no DPI specific dlls/resources for that game so I doubt it is an issue with the DPI files you used.
I experienced this issue in (fake) 23601?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Verizon

webleeper is just getting started

I've built a rom using 23403 and all seems to work with the exception of the notifications. I cannot save any of the changes I make. I also cannot toggle between play sound and vibrate. Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
interesting build, what's in the 21095 shell that's better/different? remind again, is the shell not the main part of a build? that doesn't make using 23016's sys n common useless obviously?? this hybriding i have not attempted yet and intrigues me. more info would be much appreciated. if it's explained somewhere else n you don't feel like going into, point me in the right direction, my time is limited lately with work.
Sorry for the typo, the build i took shell32.exe from is 21925, the MD1 branch. The features this shell32.exe provides are :
1) In Settings menu, if you choose an icon, in 230xx builds, phone returns to the today screen. In 219xx however, it remains in the settings menu, so that you can do many settings at once.
2) When you tap and hold an icon in start menu, instead of Move Up and Move Down menu, you can drag and drop icons. Although its still not possible to move icons into and out from a folder.

Shell definitely is the part of main build, but for some builds its possible to make this kind of hybrid since even if these are different branches, the OS code version these branches are using are not far away.

Although i wont recommend to do this thing again and again, i experimented on this build and its not giving me any problems at all plus the extra features in start menu. So i kept it. And it wasn't my idea actually, someone at XDA posted it working so i tried it. For this particular build, i am using it for last 20 days and my device is a 64 MB RAM one, so i keep a strict eye on memory usage, and believe me, i have seen no memory leaks or anything like that whatsoever.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Hi friends, working on a 23403 sys/96DPI and have the problem in picture. Is like the grid is moved up a few.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Mobile 8

dennygun is just getting started

Quote:
I'm 99% sure it's not the XIP. Sounds like something else. Possibly the SYS as you suggest, but more than likely not. I suspect it's an OEM problem first.

Have you cooked a completely clean ROM? The SYS_23031_Common worked great on my touch pro, I always test it clean with NO additional OEMs.

If the 100% vanilla doesn't boot, we can try two other things. By editing the BuildBase file, you can swap DPI and Common, but still use the same Project file. Try both, but I still suspect it's something else causing your issue since I'm sure we would have heard other reports from other PPCKitchen users. The 23031 common has been downloaded 25 times and no other reports. from any other users, but that's not to say there isn't a problem between the SYS and your device.

Any other PPCKitchen Apache users out there? Report?
I have tried what you suggest, and yup, something wrong with the common file, cause I tried swap it with the 23030 build and it boots...
thx Jojobee,
Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Airtel

sendhiloo7 is a n00b

Hi humrod!

Thanks . i cooked latest build 23028. its working great ...
i have two query:-
1) usb to popup its shows, but not working
2) unable change theme
please help me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software