PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

My God, this is insane, specially for users like me with devices having limited memory. 6.5 builds are getting worse by day in terms of memory leaks Anyways, Thanks joojoobee666 for the info. Appreciate that.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Just had to stop in and say im loving this 23001 build
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

@joojoobee666: do you have any other suggestions as to what I should do to get my visual kitchen working to create a good booting ROM? Nothing that we have done has fixed the problem of it not loading any 6.5 themes, and also activsync isn't working on any build
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
@joojoobee666: do you have any other suggestions as to what I should do to get my visual kitchen working to create a good booting ROM? Nothing that we have done has fixed the problem of it not loading any 6.5 themes, and also activsync isn't working on any build
I thought I read about someone else having the same issues. Maybe both issues are related to provxml files not being executed on the initial boot? (there is a provxml for the themes as well). The reason I think this is because I saw someone on XDA forum with all kinds of weird crap due to provxml's not working properly after changing kitchens. (No resolution)

Some info I found on testing provxml files:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=519548

This is all assuming that the XIP is good.

Update: I did read that permission issues could cause the provxml files to not be executed. They should all be marked as Hidden, System and read only. You can verify this by looking in your dump folder at the provxml files, or go to the command prompt in your dump folder and run "attrib name_mxip.provxml" and see what attributes they have.

Update 2: Found some code (thanks Anryl) you can add to your kitchen to make sure permissions are correct. Use this on the \temp\dump before building the imgfs.

Code:
cd temp\dump
attrib S00? +H /S
rem attrib *.* +A -S -H -R
attrib *.dll +S +H +R
attrib *.exe +S +H +R
attrib *.lnk -S -H -R
attrib *.csv +S +H +R
attrib *.htm +S +H +R
attrib *.mui +S +H +R
attrib *.doc +S +H +R
attrib *.dat +S +H +R
attrib *.provxml +A +S +H +R
attrib *.xls +S +H +R
attrib *.xml +S +R
attrib *_manila +H
attrib *manil* +H
attrib *.mid +S +R
attrib *.vol +S +R
attrib *.txt +S +R
attrib *.wav +S +R
attrib *.wma +S +R
attrib *.png +H
attrib *.brn +H
attrib *.gif +S +R
REM Fix for smartskey.inf
attrib *.inf -S -R -H
attrib +A +R +H +S *.provxml 
attrib -H -S -R *.jpg
attrib -H -S -R *.bmp
ECHO. Fixing Attributes
cd..
cd..
I don't know if this will help or not, but I guess it can't really make things worse since you don't have a fully functional ROM anyhow.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 07-03-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Cleaned up code
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I thought I read about someone else having the same issues. Maybe both issues are related to provxml files not being executed on the initial boot? (there is a provxml for the themes as well). The reason I think this is because I saw someone on XDA forum with all kinds of weird crap due to provxml's not working properly after changing kitchens. (No resolution)

Some info I found on testing provxml files:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=519548

This is all assuming that the XIP is good.

Update: I did read that permission issues could cause the provxml files to not be executed. They should all be marked as Hidden, System and read only. You can verify this by looking in your dump folder at the provxml files, or go to the command prompt in your dump folder and run "attrib name_mxip.provxml" and see what attributes they have.

Update 2: Found some code (thanks Anryl) you can add to your kitchen to make sure permissions are correct. Use this on the \temp\dump before building the imgfs.

Code:
cd dump
attrib S00? +H /S
rem attrib *.* +A -S -H -R
attrib *.dll +S +H +R
attrib *.exe +S +H +R
attrib *.lnk -S -H -R
attrib *.csv +S +H +R
attrib *.htm +S +H +R
attrib *.mui +S +H +R
attrib *.doc +S +H +R
attrib *.dat +S +H +R
attrib *.provxml +S +H +R
attrib *.xls +S +H +R
attrib *.xml +S +R
attrib *_manila +H
attrib *manil* +H
attrib *.mid +S +R
attrib *.vol +S +R
attrib *.txt +S +R
attrib *.wav +S +R
attrib *.wma +S +R
attrib *.png +H
attrib *.brn +H
attrib *.gif +S +R
attrib *.jpg +S +R
attrib *.bmp +S +R +H
REM Fix for smartskey.inf
attrib *.inf -S -R -H
attrib +A +R +H +S *.provxml 
attrib -H -S -R *.jpg
attrib -H -S -R *.bmp
ECHO. Fixing Attributes
cd..
I don't know if this will help or not, but I guess it can't really make things worse since you don't have a fully functional ROM anyhow.
so i checked the .provxml files like you suggested, and only 2 of them were hidden files, none of them were read-only files, and none of them were set as system files. So how do i make the visual kitchen assign the correct attributes?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
so i checked the .provxml files like you suggested, and only 2 of them were hidden files, none of them were read-only files, and none of them were set as system files. So how do i make the visual kitchen assign the correct attributes?
Edit your "kitchen_build_rom.bat" file.

TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error

Put the code I gave you in the last post right below that above line.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

@joojoobee666 thank you...i am just changed it and going to cook now and will let you know the results!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

so i tried placing the code you gave me right below the line you mentioned, and tried placing it with a space after the line you gave me, and both ways it caused the kitchen to crash. I am attaching the .bat file so you can look it over and maybe we should put that code in a different spot.
Attached Files
File Type: rar kitchen_build_rom.rar (1.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
so i tried placing the code you gave me right below the line you mentioned, and tried placing it with a space after the line you gave me, and both ways it caused the kitchen to crash. I am attaching the .bat file so you can look it over and maybe we should put that code in a different spot.
maybe try changing the first line from "cd dump" to "cd temp\dump" then adding an extra "cd .." at the end. I should have looked at that a little harder before I copied and pasted.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 07-02-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
maybe try changing the first line from "cd temp\dump" then adding an extra "cd .." at the end. I should have looked at that a little harder before I copied and pasted.
I think you guys nailed it! That code was there in VK5.3, but its missing in 11.3! Maybe thats why I can cook the same SYS with 5.3, no problem, but cant with 11.3! Thanks you guys, I will try to add code and cook and test!

EDIT: It did the trick! Damn, I had been looking for fix for months, and was driving me nuts! Thanks joojoobee!

Last edited by ai6908; 07-02-2009 at 11:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software