PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
I'm using the Hypercore kitchen from over at xda in the Athena section.
have you had any success with any of these 6.5 builds? or have they all given problems?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
have you had any success with any of these 6.5 builds? or have they all given problems?
I've gotten none to boot....I havn't tried to manually port the xips yet though...the kitchen has a extracted working 6.1 xip that I think can be used to manually port the new xip...
Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Athena
Carrier: AT&T

lennie is just getting started

manual porting.......it's a kicker in the nuts
Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: elfin
Carrier: ccmc

chihliouma is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
I got the 96 dpi working too! I got a SYS from Ankit360 and it worked like a charm. No problem at all. Actually i don't use any kitchen as such, had built my own batch scripts that automate the process a bit, i guess that's why i was getting problems. I downloaded the SYS that was made for PPCKitchen i think.

Anyways, i have noticed one change in this build apart from this theme API change. The TreeView control has been made finger friendly. The + sign against each item is bigger and there is lot of space between consecutive items. You can watch this in action in apps like Advanced Configuration Tool etc.

Just thought someone here might find the fact interesting
Ya, I notice the same symptom as well, but no sure if this is normal or not (but at least the function is OK). Strange thing is some other SYS won't come out the same result.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
I'm using the Hypercore kitchen from over at xda in the Athena section.
I think Hypercore is real old! I used to use them in my wizard days! Is this my anhilius? I dont think he supports that now!

Try using a different kitchen if possible.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

When I use a 3rd party theme (tsk), I get the grey/pink background still (after getting the new 96dpi rar file). If I use the default ones, it's fine.

Is there a way to fix tsk files so they do not show the grey/pink any more ? If there is a way, how do I edit them to fix them ?

I might as well ask, as Da_G said, MS is updating the specs for theming, What new options are there are how does people take advantage of it ?

Thanks !!!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
When I use a 3rd party theme (tsk), I get the grey/pink background still (after getting the new 96dpi rar file). If I use the default ones, it's fine.

Is there a way to fix tsk files so they do not show the grey/pink any more ? If there is a way, how do I edit them to fix them ?

I might as well ask, as Da_G said, MS is updating the specs for theming, What new options are there are how does people take advantage of it ?

Thanks !!!
You have to edit the setup.xml file in the tsk.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started

DavidinCT- Are you hard resetting after flash? What version of 96DPI files are you using? I am currently using the ones from joojoobee here and they are working great. FYI, I thought the new ones weren't working for me either, some menus were still grey, some weren't. It would change, they were different for different themes, but as soon as I hard reset, then switched themes, they were all fixed and the correct colors in all themes. I would double check before you go and edit all the themes. Would hate to see you have to edit them all back after the next build is released. You could also try this as a quick and dirty.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser wm6.5 23037
Carrier: ATT

nikki2beeps is just getting started

Has anyone else noticed when you install resco explorer from ppckoem that the stock file explorer link now opens resco?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2beeps View Post
Has anyone else noticed when you install resco explorer from ppckoem that the stock file explorer link now opens resco?
Yes I noticed that. This is why i stopped cooking it into my ROM's. that and it asks you to register after a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software