PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

sampson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

outlook works fine for me but i also installed the obex inbox package and outlook enhancement packages
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING
Lightbulb Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Hello,

I have ported qvga source to my htc wizard. Everything is working prefect except these:
  1. Messaging is not working. I cannot create any new sms messages. If I go to menu -> new -> sms, the tmail will be hanged.
  2. DSIP is not working. When I press sip icon ( in bottom bar ), the onscreen keyboard won't open, it will be fully white and no button. I tested ezinput and it works fine.
Please anyone help me to fix these problem.

Thanks a lot.
CRACING
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
Replacing that file from a previous build did not make fix the "boot to black screen" issue.

Tried a hard reset after I flashed the rom on my titan too.
I am working on it now, I think I might have a full working version

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
OK Guys I got IE 8 to work. Just need to know how to pin it to the honeycomb. I will post a modified sys shorty
Does this have the icons at the bottom of the screen? The buttons I should say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Okay I don't know what I did wrong... but its NOT stable.

I deleted SYS, replaced XIP, built the ROM stock from the kitchen... had to delete the extra 6.1 black.tsk but ended up getting it flashed...

But the fonts are jacked up... They're like super bold... and everything is slowwwwww... I know Honeycomb is supposed to be slow. But Titanium is unusable too. Are there drivers that we're missing here or what?
Do Not Use a Start_Menu.cab, this will mess up your font, also some .tsk files will do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditato View Post
The QVGA sys on page 31 isn't translated. There are still those little untranslated chinese boxes all over the honeycomb, titlebar, and titanium screens.
Really, I dont see anything in Honeycomy, Or Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
well, conflipper said it was all done, not sure what happened there, maybee he posted the wrong link
Correct, everything should be going in English

Quote:
Where you able to get the weather widget to work? Not all language is translated yet. Just open up the remote desktop client. HAHA
Weather Widget opened up, the thing though is that a lot of these services on here, are not turned on by Microsoft at this time, because well, we are not suppose to have this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meditato View Post
Or maybe he got all the main system text translated, but hasn't gotten to the extra UI elements yet. Either way, that and a fixed MicroSD detection are what I'm waiting for before I make this my everyday build. It's all excellent work so far, though, many thanks to those who are working far harder than I am on it
on the vouge i have my MicroSD card being seen. Will look into it on the titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
The ringer does not appear to ring. The phone app also appears to keep "sliding" up you know how it opens programs now. Kindof like it is reloading it over and over.

Also some of the popups are malformed but they still work.

P.S. The new "bold" font is hard to read.
I have an VGA souce now. so I will have better files later on this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
any body got an update on weather or not il be ok to use internet sharing with out gettin caught with this rom
That is a driver located in OEMDrivers, and if it removed from the ktichen then it should be teather safe.

Quote:
because this is a alpha release. Also you cannot read your emails so, I would not suggest flashing unless you just want to be cool.
My emails work 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreiad View Post
Alright then thanks. Hopefully you guys will get another build. If not, guess I'll have to watch out for Microsoft at MWC.
Got another build already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Yeah this totally isn't ready for prime time yet. I went back to my beloved MightyROM. Its neat to play with........ for about 15 minutes. Then you realize how much functionality you lost and want to go back to what you had before. Thank god for SPB Backup. :thumbsup:
What lost functionality? I have not lost anything, everything i try and do works just fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrikanth View Post
Hello,

I have ported qvga source to my htc wizard. Everything is working prefect except these:
  1. Messaging is not working. I cannot create any new sms messages. If I go to menu -> new -> sms, the tmail will be hanged.
  2. DSIP is not working. When I press sip icon ( in bottom bar ), the onscreen keyboard won't open, it will be fully white and no button. I tested ezinput and it works fine.
Please anyone help me to fix these problem.

Thanks a lot.
CRACING
I will work on getting everything in there. Thanks for the tip CRACING, keep up the good work on the wizard.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

abuttino is a n00b

One question:

Does Outlook Live work at all? It's the main reason that I am even screwing with these 6.5 builds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

right now, microsoft has not announced that it is out there. or annoucned that it is availabe. so the service being turned out, is not going to work either.

A Little Tip to help a few of you speed up everything.

switch off the interface animation of your own necessary change (SYS \ OS under RGU-ri).
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ GWE]
"EnableAnimations" = dword: 1

Last edited by conflipper; 02-11-2009 at 12:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
right now, microsoft has not announced that it is out there. or annoucned that it is availabe. so the service being turned out, is not going to work either.
Which 6.5 rom should I install on my Touch Pro ?

Last edited by kyrumo; 02-11-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

using a different tsk fixed the "bold" fonts but the phone still doesn't ring. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hope that it is fixed in the next build.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard, HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

CRACING is keeping up the good workCRACING is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
I will work on getting everything in there. Thanks for the tip CRACING, keep up the good work on the wizard.
Ha con,

Its not me but its you did the mind blowing work. Conveting one lang to other is not any simple task. As of me, I am just a copy - paster and nothing more then that.

Ya, My dream is to keep the wizard as new one and I don't liked to pushing back to old lady..........

Best Regards
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Sorry guys I didn't forget I've been in the hospital the last couple of days fighting a virus of some sort. As promised I am posting the goodies cab files that go with wm 6.5 not that we need it because Conflipper is about to get a full working version soon. Also I was not able to get the Titan kitchen to work with the PPCGeeks Build OS, I got it to build roms and flash to the phone but the phone never boots, guess I'll leave it to the PPCGeek Team to take care of that one, I just don't have enough now how yet so for now I will be watching and waiting like the rest of you with great anticapation.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows_Mobile6.5PRO_CABs.zip (5.68 MB, 157 views) Click for barcode!
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So other than the language. What other issues are in 6.5? Are we going to be able to have TF3D on it still? or will there be a need?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software