PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

starmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Does anyone have a 21222 xip.bin for herman they could upload?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

Here's a good article on "Slot 1 XIP" vs. "Slot 0"

http://blogs.msdn.com/hegenderfer/ar...r-part-ii.aspx

note that it differs slightly for wm6.5 as theres more than one "Slot 1", which is what allows us to have more xip modules, which is what borks when you are using a non-native kernel, which is why you need to flatten some

XIP was truely intended for devices running NOR flash (older wm5 and pre-wm5 devices)

With NOR flash you can eXecute In Place.. thus not having to create a local copy in your device's memory.. saving (what was at the time) precious little ram..
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmans View Post
Does anyone have a 21222 xip.bin for herman they could upload?
I posted one a few pages back. But here it is again

Herman_21222_XIP.zip
Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Helmi wm6.1 ROM
Carrier: verizon

rawdeadfish is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACING View Post
tried everything but still suck on 2nd splash screen.

- Used the WinCENLS_WWE from the source.
- Placed the WinCENLS_WWE in ROM/XIP but kitchen crashes by saying "Doesn't fit
- Used bepe's xip dumper and xipporter.
- Tried working XIP ( 21215 ) and device boots fine, that means the SYS and OEM are ok.

I tried all my ways.

Edit: I got it, Used the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK from XIP of Vogue ported and it worked. But I cannot figureout why does the MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK changes in different ported XIPs of same build.
Can you provide more details of how you are doing this. I have an apache for vzw with bootloader 2.02 and i am having the same problem with 21501 build from the PPCK. First splash comes up, then the text in the lower part of the screen, then freeze.

I can build ROMS fine with 21198, but not the 21501. Where are you getting these files, where are you putting them, and when, and do you still build using PPCK? TIA!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Try recmodding the dlls in the browsing folders that are posted here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzmmdnm1jnz
That fixed 21222 sip issue for me
Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
anyone test out the 21221 build yet? I will try and do compare of 21221 vs 21222 today and tomw. i will have to see i guess.

had to format HD and do a fresh install, so still getting everything right.
Did I miss a post? Where is it?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
Here's a good article on "Slot 1 XIP" vs. "Slot 0"

http://blogs.msdn.com/hegenderfer/ar...r-part-ii.aspx

note that it differs slightly for wm6.5 as theres more than one "Slot 1", which is what allows us to have more xip modules, which is what borks when you are using a non-native kernel, which is why you need to flatten some

XIP was truely intended for devices running NOR flash (older wm5 and pre-wm5 devices)

With NOR flash you can eXecute In Place.. thus not having to create a local copy in your device's memory.. saving (what was at the time) precious little ram..
Hey thanks for the link buddy, although i am got the bold point of the story, i am re-reading it again and again to grasp as as much as possible as well as searching for other content. This is really cool stuff
Now if that's the thing, i think we wont have these kinda problems on a device which comes preloaded with Wm 6.5 as the nk.exe must be natively built for WM 6.5 slot structure.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Telus

starmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIPstarmans is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I posted one a few pages back. But here it is again

Attachment 31798
Thanks searched and couldn't find it. Funny how that happens.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Did I miss a post? Where is it?
xbeta - http://bbs.xbeta.cn/thread-22520-1-1.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
Greatly appreciated...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software