PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkoss View Post
anyone got a 21215 qvga sys?
Use Calkulin's SYS posted here, replace the DPI 192 files DPI 96 of any previous build you have. That's what I did. Everything working perfectly, it is indeed a fixed SYS.
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...postcount=3395

Last edited by vickylife007; 05-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

joshkoss is keeping up the good workjoshkoss is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Use Calkukins SYS posted here, replace the DPI 192 files DPI 96 of any previous build you have. That's what I did. Everything working perfectly, it is indeed a fixed SYS.
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...54678&page=340
Thanks Vicky , sorry i should have searched.. been a long day and i was feeling lazy

Kaiser: roms and 6.5 sweetness HERE

MY Hermes Kitchen thread (Updated 11/30/200
Donations For my sleepless work!

Last edited by joshkoss; 05-03-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You know, your on to something. There is something that isn't right, for sure. If I put to much stuff in my ROM with the 21501 PPCKitchen and base, the corrupted ringtone issue appears. I got it to a point that it was fine until I added one thing....and that one thing did not even have to have any modules in it...so how does that play into it being a relocation issue?

Update: I guess it's not that simple. I just cooked one up. The ringtones worked at first. I enabled Touch Flo, went back to Sounds & Notifications...then *BOOM!*...corrupt....WTF???
this used to happen to me when i was using the new windows mobile widgets from microsoft.. after removing all them from sys, never had issue. i'm just gonna look for working cabs and install from there.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks bro, sorry i should have searched.. been a long day and i was feeling lazy
Read that name again....... 'bro'
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
Read that name again....... 'bro'
sorry, man i need to go to bed Gnight all.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You know, your on to something. There is something that isn't right, for sure. If I put to much stuff in my ROM with the 21501 PPCKitchen and base, the corrupted ringtone issue appears. I got it to a point that it was fine until I added one thing....and that one thing did not even have to have any modules in it...so how does that play into it being a relocation issue?

Update: I guess it's not that simple. I just cooked one up. The ringtones worked at first. I enabled Touch Flo, went back to Sounds & Notifications...then *BOOM!*...corrupt....WTF???
Quote:
this used to happen to me when i was using the new windows mobile widgets from microsoft.. after removing all them from sys, never had issue. i'm just gonna look for working cabs and install from there.
As I said before, WMWidgets seems to be a culprit as riplugin.dll has allocation issues. If I collapse this bad boy down to file before build time, it worky workies. I have to test the above theory of it breaking when manila enables. If that is the case, I should be able to throw a debug log on that and find its culprit.

Memory allocations can be funny in many ways. It's hard to explain how they work, and how G'Reloc/WM'Reloc do what they do. To put your theory to bed about "too many things", that is not the case. I thought it might have been this as well. I had it happen on a regular basis, and I removed like 5 "other oems" from my builds. This dropped the size by 20MB. But the error was still there. It really doesn't have a lot to do with "too much stuff" as it does with 'allocations' in general. There is a thread somewhere explaining how allocations work in 6.5/6.1 and so forth. I believe I read it on the MSDN site. Da_G pointed it to me one day, but I forgot to bookmark it.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
As I said before, WMWidgets seems to be a culprit as riplugin.dll has allocation issues. If I collapse this bad boy down to file before build time, it worky workies. I have to test the above theory of it breaking when manila enables. If that is the case, I should be able to throw a debug log on that and find its culprit.

Memory allocations can be funny in many ways. It's hard to explain how they work, and how G'Reloc/WM'Reloc do what they do. To put your theory to bed about "too many things", that is not the case. I thought it might have been this as well. I had it happen on a regular basis, and I removed like 5 "other oems" from my builds. This dropped the size by 20MB. But the error was still there. It really doesn't have a lot to do with "too much stuff" as it does with 'allocations' in general. There is a thread somewhere explaining how allocations work in 6.5/6.1 and so forth. I believe I read it on the MSDN site. Da_G pointed it to me one day, but I forgot to bookmark it.
WMWidgets was out of the build. It shows up as an option in PPCK and I had it unchecked and the problem is still there.

Also, I do understand the general theory being what G'Reloc and WMreloc do, that's why I don't get why adding more files to the build like I did (i.e. an OEM without modules) would cause particular issue to occur since files don't get allocated.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 05-03-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I just switched all my crap over to ervius/bepe kitchen and all my weird problems are gone. No more corrupt ringtones, no more wacked builds where cpl items don't work, where TouchFlo 3d won't load for no apparent reason...

Last edited by joojoobee666; 05-03-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Build 21215 is running really great on my titan that I have not bothered to load 21502. The improved sound quality of WMP, faster and smoother scrolling, too good to give up. Not sure 21502 will match 21215.
We however will look forward to newer DPI files in the next builds for excitingly newer feel. Well atleast for the time being customization helps give our phone a new look.

I left this Titanium out of the collections I posted earlier. I like the look of this one, you might like it as well. This Titanium is with a yellow top like in my avatar.
Attached Files
File Type: rar bronzeres.rar (240.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vickylife007; 05-03-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

dodgexjeep2000 is just getting started
Sprint Touch Pro rom

Built with Calku's fixed 21215.

i think this is pretty stable

pretty much clean includes youtube, white phone skin, facebook, ms myphonemp3 trimmer, fingerkeyboard and streaming media.

built for sprint touch pro.

http://www.zshare.net/download/59570913bd909be4/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software