View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
decibel
Regular 'Geeker

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
You know, your on to something. There is something that isn't right, for sure. If I put to much stuff in my ROM with the 21501 PPCKitchen and base, the corrupted ringtone issue appears. I got it to a point that it was fine until I added one thing....and that one thing did not even have to have any modules in it...so how does that play into it being a relocation issue?

Update: I guess it's not that simple. I just cooked one up. The ringtones worked at first. I enabled Touch Flo, went back to Sounds & Notifications...then *BOOM!*...corrupt....WTF???
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkoss View Post
this used to happen to me when i was using the new windows mobile widgets from microsoft.. after removing all them from sys, never had issue. i'm just gonna look for working cabs and install from there.
As I said before, WMWidgets seems to be a culprit as riplugin.dll has allocation issues. If I collapse this bad boy down to file before build time, it worky workies. I have to test the above theory of it breaking when manila enables. If that is the case, I should be able to throw a debug log on that and find its culprit.

Memory allocations can be funny in many ways. It's hard to explain how they work, and how G'Reloc/WM'Reloc do what they do. To put your theory to bed about "too many things", that is not the case. I thought it might have been this as well. I had it happen on a regular basis, and I removed like 5 "other oems" from my builds. This dropped the size by 20MB. But the error was still there. It really doesn't have a lot to do with "too much stuff" as it does with 'allocations' in general. There is a thread somewhere explaining how allocations work in 6.5/6.1 and so forth. I believe I read it on the MSDN site. Da_G pointed it to me one day, but I forgot to bookmark it.
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here