PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Forgive the newb question but I am trying to get 6.5 on my Omnia i910. Every time I use buildOS I am getting a boot.hv error. I have tried removing the OEM files and I still get it.

My question:
If you make a change in the sys to a different file name do I need a new dsm file?

This is the only thing I can think that would be causing the issue (obviously it can be something else but I'm not seeing it). The resolution difference is why I am changing file names in the sys. I am also changing some of the files to meet the 400 resolution. If this isn't it does someone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?
if you change an oem name, dsm will be confused, oem folder name/ files info is stored in dsm, will not matter to change the sys parent dir name, just the subfolder oems
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
if you change an oem name, dsm will be confused, oem folder name/ files info is stored in dsm, will not matter to change the sys parent dir name, just the subfolder oems
So, if I understand correctly. I can change a folder name in the sys folder but if I change a file name or a folder name in that folder then the dsm is no longer good. Correct?

Ok, then how do I go about getting new dsm files? I have changed the names of the resolution items to reflect the 400 pixel width of my screen. Or is it better to leave all files/folders named as there were originally but just change the image to what I need?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
So, if I understand correctly. I can change a folder name in the sys folder but if I change a file name or a folder name in that folder then the dsm is no longer good. Correct?

Ok, then how do I go about getting new dsm files? I have changed the names of the resolution items to reflect the 400 pixel width of my screen. Or is it better to leave all files/folders named as there were originally but just change the image to what I need?
yeah, just leave the names, replace the graphics
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
That's too confusing for me to follow, but if you have SYS/PackageName/files_n_modules, you can't change PackageName without rebuilding the dsm. You can change files_n_modules names without worry, as this part of the dsm is rebuilt during the build process. Note, however, that changing files_n_modules names usually breaks things unless you change other stuff too (no way to predict what that other stuff might be).

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-22-2009 at 02:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
That's too confusing for me to follow, but if you have SYS/PackageName/files_n_modules, you can't change PackageName without rebuilding the dsm. You can change files_n_modules names without worry, as this part of the dsm is rebuilt during the build process. Note, however, that changing files_n_modules names usually breaks things unless you change other stuff too (no way to predict what that other stuff might be).
OK, thanks. If I use DSM Analyzer I should be able to change the dsm files to work correct?

Right now I am running in to a brick wall because if I leave all names as they were originally I am still getting boot.hv errors. Obviously I am making a mistake somewhere but I am not sure where.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Hey Jdume,

Some people have complained that when they use your your dialer skin with the Elf (GSM) the calls that they receive show up as "Unknown Caller", but in the Call History the name is there. Any idea what could be wrong?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Dan,
Help with this, trying to expand my knowledge base, want to start using ppck, so I have downloaded ppc kitchen, ran build os.msi, completed installation successfully.

For the past 3days build os would ask me to login I wld fill in my login details, cos i registeres with ppc kitchen, yet it wld fail to login. Running the updater to update os hasn't helped.

Pls dont tell i would always need online connection to use the kitchen, however how do I proceed from here. Oops Dan not online at the moment, so any user of ppc kitchen who is online at the moment, give me answers.

Last edited by vickylife007; 04-22-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylife007 View Post
Dan,
Help with this, trying to expand my knowledge base, want to start using ppck, so I have downloaded ppc kitchen, ran build os.msi, completed installation successfully.

For the past 3days build os would ask me to login I wld fill in my login details, cos i registeres with ppc kitchen yet, it wld fail to login. Running the updater to update os hasn't helped.

Pls dont tell i would always need online connection to use the kitchen, however how do I proceed from here.
does it throw any error message? cant find server or something?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser View Post
but is it worthy if it is slower or less stable?
Just finished my 21501 ROM.For my vogue with the same selections 21501 works the same as 21202 ( fast and stable,no issues)+ the battery life is better+many fresh OEMs!
Its worthy for sure.

Last edited by vin255764; 04-22-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
does it throw any error message? cant find server or something?
Tells me "Login failed for user 'vickylife007'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software