PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

texasmike is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to texasmike Send a message via MSN to texasmike Send a message via Yahoo to texasmike
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Where did everyone go? awful lonely here tonight.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onnuhuh21 is a n00b

well i have a question..
using the 21189 sys, the "move to top" doesn't show up as the new style where the background gets black and a white box pops up like in conflipper's picture.
it worked for me with jakdillard's 21176 rom but it won't work when i use the 21176 or 21189 sys and xip to build a rom..
i know on earlier ones changing the theme would break it but i haven't changed themes and it won't show up for any menu..
was it included in those sys folders or is something i'm doing messing it up?

Last edited by onnuhuh21; 03-14-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

dodgexjeep2000 is just getting started

mind sharing your xip?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

onnuhuh21 is a n00b

i just used the one posted a page ago and did about 1000 different things until i got an os.nb.payload that worked..
it may not even be 21189 but as far as i know it's close enough lol..
here's the payload i'm using..if someone could tell me if i did it right or where i may have messed up that would be cool
Attached Files
File Type: zip touch pro payload..maybe.zip (1.12 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro

dodgexjeep2000 is just getting started

thanks a bunch...mind hsaring how you did it?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:42 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
Funny, but no one is willing to share how they do it??? It don't matter to me anymore cause I use Ervius's kithcen it's just I've seen this come up countless times and no one who knows has adressed it............
XipporterEx is one of ervius's tools included in his kitchen. After you have manually ported the xip to your device or used xipporterex to do so use the write it to insert the xip into os.nb.payload. To use the tool place your devices nk.fat/os.nb.payload named os.nb.payload into the mytools/os.nb.payload folder. Place the new xip you wish to port (source from another device) into mytools/new_xip folder. Run tool and click extract xip from payload. Check the options you want and press port it and the ported xip for your device will be in xip_new_ported folder. The press find xip start offset and then write it. If you are using a preported xip to insert place in into the xip_new_ported folder named either xip.bin or xip_out.bin depending on what version of his tool you have then do the write. The payload inthe os.nb.payload folder will have your new xip in it and then you place in the ROM folder in kitchen. NOTE: This is not how its inserted using PPCth Kitchen as the xip.bin will be in the device core and it needs the .txt line in device base.txt

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-15-2009 at 08:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
XipporterEx is one of ervius's tools included in his kitchen. After you have manually ported the xip to your device or used xipporterex to do so use the write it to insert the xip into os.nb.payload. To use the tool place your devices nk.fat/os.nb.payload named os.nb.payload into the mytools/os.nb.payload folder. Place the new xip you wish to port (source from another device) into mytools/new_xip folder. Run tool and click extract xip from payload. Check the options you want and press port it and the ported xip for your device will be in xip_new_ported folder. The press find xip start offset and then write it. If you are using a preported xip to insert place in into the xip_new_ported folder named either xip.bin or xip_out.bin depending on what version of his tool you have then do the write. The payload inthe os.nb.payload folder will have your new xip in it and then you place in the ROM folder in kitchen. NOTE: This is not how its inserted using PPCth Kitchen as the xip.bin will be in the device core and it needs the .txt line in device base.txt
I was wondering, which version of XipPorterEx are you using? Which version is the latest? I believe build 37?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:59 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
I was wondering, which version of XipPorterEx are you using? Which version is the latest? I believe build 37?
I use v35 as V37 would show the build in settings about from the old_xip (the source xip from your device)

V35 is here : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ius#post736297
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: o2 CZ

anryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to anryl Send a message via MSN to anryl

anybody working on the 21189 qvga ? i got problems from 0804 - 0409 the shell is missing . chome if put 0804 coock in is working fine but the shell is missing honey where are u ?
Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Thank you Conflipper for posting the sys. I got a hold of Da_G's kitchen for fuze and was able to port working rom and boy, what an improvement! I have been playing with 21189 on Sprint Diamond and it works way better than before. I think it actually is usable now. One thing I don't like about the new one is the removal of clock in the titanium. It would been a lot nicer if there is a way to add it back in. Anyone know how to add it back?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software