PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6800
Carrier: Verizon

chewybang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybang
BUT, when I go BACK to portrait from landscape, it only shows a 3 day forecast (instead of 4) and now there is a space on the right side as if there were a scroll bar there (only that there is not)
I will attach a picture on my next post.

Question 1: Any ideas how to fix this?
Question 2: (somewhat related) After a soft reset, the icons revert back to the Yahoo icons and after it updates, it goes to the dedication icons (which I have set by default). Is this normal?
Question 1: I've seen WeatherPanel do this when a vertical scroll bar is present. When changing to portrait mode, a scroll bar is briefly dipslayed, causing WP to think the width is more narrow. This should correct itself on the next WP update (when it redraws).

Question 2: This behavior is new to me. I assume the icons are installed to your storage card, and it may be related to that. If WP can't access the storage card immediately, it may revert to other means...
You hit both of them right on the head, Storyr! That is exactly what's going on. I see that scroll bar for a bit, then it disappears and then WP comes up like the picture I showed you. I guess I'll have to wait for the next WP update then. Do you know when that may happen?
On the 2nd question, you're right again. I do have the icons on my storage card and WP installed on main memory. I think that's gotta be it.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Javier
Old 07-06-2007, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
This layout is very nice storyr. I've been using Ken's Vista for a long time. Now I have switched.
Hey, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
If Storyr is willing and there is demand I can post my files to help others out.
Of course - you can call it Bastard-Son-of-Commuter-240...

By now, every WeatherPanel theme is a modification of some existing theme - with some new thrown in. This one has come a long way and has remnants of my first mod - Simple-240 (made to fit square screens). The inspiration for this theme (Commuter-240) comes from Doreen's Vista Alive theme (which, coincidentally, is based on KEN's Vista theme).
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
I wonder if the time is on the image itself? Maybe I am interpreting the problem wrong, but some of the cameras I use have the time/date stamp coded into the image and there is no way for us to remove that.
This timestamp is added by WeatherPanel. It's sized to whatever font is currently in effect, and the theme overrides it (or attempts to) with this:

Code:
;TEXT
#VOID#
2,1,W-91,H-2
Tahoma,11,N,255-255-255
I played around a little and could not change the behavior. I chalk it up to a WP bug - which I cannot fix
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
If you stick it in PB with the tabs painted vertical, it will shrink accordingly. You will notice though, that in lieu of seeing a 4 day forecast you will only see a 3 day forecast.
That's correct - I created the theme to size itself to match the width of it's container. The forecast will subtract or add days accordingly.

I haven't seen this theme in landscape mode (I have a Treo 700wx) - how many days does it show?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewybang
I guess I'll have to wait for the next WP update then. Do you know when that may happen?
Thanks for all your hard work!
Javier
No probleemo! WeatherPanel updates according to the schedule you've specified in the settings...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

blpalmer76 is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
I wonder if the time is on the image itself? Maybe I am interpreting the problem wrong, but some of the cameras I use have the time/date stamp coded into the image and there is no way for us to remove that.
This timestamp is added by WeatherPanel. It's sized to whatever font is currently in effect, and the theme overrides it (or attempts to) with this:

Code:
;TEXT
#VOID#
2,1,W-91,H-2
Tahoma,11,N,255-255-255
I played around a little and could not change the behavior. I chalk it up to a WP bug - which I cannot fix
Thanks for taking the time to look into it. This is still by far my favorite app on my phone.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Rick,
Thank you, Thank you! The theme just keeps getting better all the time.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone :)

Reako10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Reako10
I have a few questions. Just a few things I have been pondering that I have not read a secure answer for.
1. If I place WeatherPanel into the SPB Mobile Shell tab. This means SPB will be updating my weather and not WeatherPanel correct? Also, if it is indeed in the SPB tab, and I set up traffic and weather cameras, does that mean they will not work considering SPB is updating my weather?

2.Secondly, I can not configure WeatherPanel to use only the D-pad to navigate through the settings on the SON-OF-Commuter theme. I am talking about the small bar above the actual weather picture which indicates the next window opening, such as the small square alert icon, the check icon, and the arrow pointing downwards icon. I can not use my d-pad to highlight these icons and move to the next window. I must take out my stylus to move to the next icon. This problem occurs whether the WeatherPanel is in the SPB tab AND when it is just on the Today screen. Just curious as to if it is indeed possible to navigate with just your finger because on the first page I noticed when the screens were changing a slight SUn shaped icon would go over these navigation icons and then the new window would show.

Please Let me know!! Sorry for being so abusive with the questions.lol

-Matt
Old 07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reako10
I have a few questions. Just a few things I have been pondering that I have not read a secure answer for.
1. If I place WeatherPanel into the SPB Mobile Shell tab. This means SPB will be updating my weather and not WeatherPanel correct? Also, if it is indeed in the SPB tab, and I set up traffic and weather cameras, does that mean they will not work considering SPB is updating my weather?

2.Secondly, I can not configure WeatherPanel to use only the D-pad to navigate through the settings on the SON-OF-Commuter theme. I am talking about the small bar above the actual weather picture which indicates the next window opening, such as the small square alert icon, the check icon, and the arrow pointing downwards icon. I can not use my d-pad to highlight these icons and move to the next window. I must take out my stylus to move to the next icon. This problem occurs whether the WeatherPanel is in the SPB tab AND when it is just on the Today screen. Just curious as to if it is indeed possible to navigate with just your finger because on the first page I noticed when the screens were changing a slight SUn shaped icon would go over these navigation icons and then the new window would show.

Please Let me know!! Sorry for being so abusive with the questions.lol

-Matt
Hi Matt.

1. Not correct. WeatherPanel does not use SPB to update. Whether it's in a tab or not, the cams will work. You may be confused by earlier posts discussing SPB's Now screen. It has a weather icon that's only updated if you configure SPB's weather.

2. You need to have WP-Pilot installed to use the d-pad for WeatherPanel. WeatherPanel itself does not support the d-pad. Also, if you place WeatherPanel in an SPB tab, WP-Pilot must be placed below Mobile Shell in the Today screen items...
Old 07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
2. You need to have WP-Pilot installed to use the d-pad for WeatherPanel. WeatherPanel itself does not support the d-pad. Also, if you place WeatherPanel in an SPB tab, WP-Pilot must be placed below Mobile Shell in the Today screen items...
You will also need to uncheck "Auto-hide tab contact" in the MS settings, or MS will close the tab when you scroll down to start WP Pilot.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software