PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

badfrog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
What link are you trying to add? Give us an example...
It wasn't the links I was adding, it was the original radars file, I saw that someone else here had a problem like mine also, and deleted the file and recreated it with just the links he wanted and it worked, so I tried that, and it worked for me also.

Thanx for the reply!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm glad to hear it's fixed!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

pavouk is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to pavouk
Does anybody have the same problem sa I do? Since about two days ago my updates stoped working. Newely added cities do not download the information and my data connection is always active. After about 90 seconds data stream stops and resumes after few seconds not bringing anything onto the screen. I do have 4 US cities and one international, both found in main database. I do have son of commuter 240 QVGA with SOC 240 layout and SOC 240 Yahoo icons.
Thanks for all your help...

NM I found that auth was not working please see this post http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...ion-t8091.html for workaround.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavouk
Does anybody have the same problem sa I do? Since about two days ago my updates stoped working. Newely added cities do not download the information and my data connection is always active. After about 90 seconds data stream stops and resumes after few seconds not bringing anything onto the screen. I do have 4 US cities and one international, both found in main database. I do have son of commuter 240 QVGA with SOC 240 layout and SOC 240 Yahoo icons.
Thanks for all your help...
Yes, everyone

The fix can be found here
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Lurker

MTXR is a n00b
is there anyway to have this layout without using the mobile shell?

I tried the commuter version and didn't like it.

I am still having a hard time searching and figuring how to add radar and such to this weather panel thing. I am a total newb.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTXR
is there anyway to have this layout without using the mobile shell?

I tried the commuter version and didn't like it.

I am still having a hard time searching and figuring how to add radar and such to this weather panel thing. I am a total newb.
Of course you can use it without running Mobile Shell. However, it will take up almost your entire Today Screen.

Try it out and let us know if you have any questions/problems.

late,
Coz
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Lurker

MTXR is a n00b
i tired to run it without the mobile shell and it wouldn't work.. the layout wouldn't pop up under the display screen preference so weather panel wouldn't load it.

I think i might try fizz weather because i have no idea how to add radar and such or traffic cams.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
That's odd. WP is not dependent on Mobile Shell to run. It sounds like your themes/icons are not in the right folders. I'd double check your WP file structure.

And adding radar/traffic cams in WP is really easy.

Let us know if you change your mind and want to have another go at WP.

late,
Coz
Old 08-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Lurker

MTXR is a n00b
well yeah, i want to see if i can get it to work, is there a tutorial on adding the radar and traffic cams? The theme was in the right folder because i could choose the theme... its just that the layout part i couldn't choose it, it was simply missing. THe icons were installed and everything was there except for the layout.

I have fizz installing now but i want to give WP another go to compare.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Here is the link to the traffice cams, etc:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel...,commuter.html

Let me know if you need any help!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software