PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 AM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
move the PB Settings bar to the top (horizontal tabs instead of vertical tabs)

It would take a fair amount of work to squeeze it over to fit 4 days. But that's ultimately up to storyr.

Oh and here's my screenie of light backgrounds and dark fonts.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
you can do that?
wow thats cool thanks hotrod.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
Do what? Change the color of the fonts or have horizontal tabs?

To change the tab order; Open PB's options. Select General options. Select "Tabs Bar" tab and uncheck 'Paint Vertical Tabs'

To change font colors open Son-of-Commuter-240.wpl with Notepad and look for items to change the font color.

Original for City Name.
Quote:
;TEXT
#CITY#
W-86,9,84,20,C
Tahoma,14,BOLD GLOW-65-65-65 GLOWEXPAND-1,255-255-255
My version for City Name.
Quote:
TEXT
#CITY#
W-86,9,84,20,C
Tahoma,14,BOLD GLOW-255-255-255 GLOWEXPAND-2,0-0-0
I also changed the GlowExpand from -1 to -2 it makes the glow around the letters bigger. The Glow-255-255-255 refers to what color the "Glow" around the letters should be.

Go through many of those and change them. Then save it and load it to your PPC. You may have to close WP first. Also if you rename your new layout to something else, like Son-of-Commuter-By-Me.wpl you will need to open cam_layout.wpx with Notepad and change;
Quote:
;WINDOW-0
W-79,2
weather.png
Son-of-Commuter-240.wpl
0,0,W,H
CHANGELAYOUT
to
Quote:
;WINDOW-0
W-79,2
weather.png
Son-of-Commuter-By-Me.wpl
0,0,W,H
CHANGELAYOUT

I also changed some highlighting behind the 4 forecast panels. But that's more work. If Storyr is willing and there is demand I can post my files to help others out.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
To change the tab order; Open PB's options. Select General options. Select "Tabs Bar" tab and uncheck 'Paint Vertical Tabs'
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
use the top tabs.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
I edited my previous post with some instructions for changing fonts.

BTW. You can also select hide tabs bar if you want to.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

If you were to hide the tabs bar how would you change tabs?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
Use your D-Pad. Turn on your PPC. Press down once then press right. At least that's how it is on mine. I don't have any pluggins above PB.

To test you can press down down until you see PB highlight the first item in on your list. For me, it's messages. Then press up and then press right. Bingo. WP Tab. Or whatever tab you have set to be next.

Also, if you hide the top tabs bar, to get to the PB Settings you must go to Start>Programs>PBreeze Settings.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

blpalmer76 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blpalmer76
Is there a way to either get rid of the update time in the cam or make it so if you scroll left or right that the time does not enlarge itself. Also that happens when you hit the next button a couple of times. I do not mind it small but a lot of the times when you navigate in that screen the time stamp gets big and takes up a lot of space. Thanks.
Interesting - I hadn't noticed that before. I did confirm it on my device - although it only enlarged a little - not too big. Is it getting so big that it covers too much of the pic?

It must be a WP glitch - I'll play around with it a little and see if I can get rid of it...
I should have posted this is the Commuter 240 since that is the theme I am using. It is annoying when you are on the main screen viewing the image since the image box is small. On the son-of-commuter I really do not see it as that big of an issues since the theme is larger than the original commuter 240.
Thanks for looking into this. I looked at the scripts and could not find the command line that would pertain to this.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by blpalmer76
Is there a way to either get rid of the update time in the cam or make it so if you scroll left or right that the time does not enlarge itself. Also that happens when you hit the next button a couple of times. I do not mind it small but a lot of the times when you navigate in that screen the time stamp gets big and takes up a lot of space. Thanks.
Interesting - I hadn't noticed that before. I did confirm it on my device - although it only enlarged a little - not too big. Is it getting so big that it covers too much of the pic?

It must be a WP glitch - I'll play around with it a little and see if I can get rid of it...
I wonder if the time is on the image itself? Maybe I am interpreting the problem wrong, but some of the cameras I use have the time/date stamp coded into the image and there is no way for us to remove that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle
Storyr:
Ide love to used this skin but I have a request. Im going to be nesting it inside of pcocket breeze and I would like it to be a little more narrow. Im not sure how much the left bar takes up and I dont know how to check. any way you could advise me on how to adjust this or could you do it?
If you stick it in PB with the tabs painted vertical, it will shrink accordingly. You will notice though, that in lieu of seeing a 4 day forecast you will only see a 3 day forecast.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software