PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love it! I tried PhoneAlarm and didn't like it at all. Phone Suite is another quality product put out by SPB. I can now hide the "no new messages" and "no new text messages" items from my today screen, giving me back some precious real estate!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Spb's site says this takes 2.5 MB on the device... is this true?!? That's a huge amount!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I tried it and did not like it. It is 2.5 MB, plus it's not skinnable and it's not controlling my BT (BT does not turn on/off when done through this app).

Also, even though you can change a lot how the Today plug in looks like, it cannot be compared to PA skins.

So the fact that PA works, is skinnable, and uses less than 0.5 MB as reported by MemMaid... makes PA a keeper in my book.

I don't know why, but I don't have as much luck with Spb products as I do with others.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: At&t

Alkhal is a n00b
The issue with me as well is that Phone Alarm has those skins. I have been trying to get SPB to allow skinning on any of their programs but even the other members on that forum were posting against it as if it were the worst idea? So I gave up that fight. But it will be interesting to see where they go with this? Right now PA definitely has the edge, but who knows I wouldnt count out SPB yet.

Cingular/At&t 8525 ROM: 2.15.502.3 Radio: 1.40.30.00
Orange SPV M5000 ROM: 1.13.49 WWE
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I agree about the skinning, I would like that!! I think this is basically the PS of the SPB users (I think people who like SPB will like and use it, but it is a 'one anong many' type of program. There is a lot I like about it, but I would certainly look at my choices out there! (although there is a lot about this one I do like, I am keeping it (for now LOL)).
Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
The 2.5 megs of memory and the no skinning are definitely the reasons I wouldn't even try it.
Phone Alarm is a keeper!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I am liking this app so far. I like the way it integrates nicely into SPB MobileShell. Well have to see how it goes.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Well I downloaded and installed it today. Just got thru testing it. I mainly wanted it for the call filtering. So I set it up to block one of my contacts, and any private calls. For some reason the it works for the private calls but not for the one certain contact. I cant figure out whats wrong
Old 04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Ok apparently when I added the contact to my blacklist, I pulled the entry directly out of my contacts list. I browsed to it and selected it. But it also has an option to select "last call" and choose the an entry from the call logs. This makes a difference because the way the call log formats the info to your black list, and the way the contact list formats the info to your black list are different. It only seems to recognize it if its in the format pulled out of the call log, rather than the contacts list.

Contact list format example: 1234567890 (First Last)

Call Log format: (123) 456-7890 (Last, First)
Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does not look like it has a full screen incoming call notification.

When would these guys start integrating it in a phone 'suite' ??? I think that will be a killer and make me buy it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software