PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
SPB Phone Suite - A Phonealarm Killer?

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/?en

It was just released today. Looks to duplicate some (but not all) of Phonealarm's feature set while adding a few unique things (such as seeing your contact photos in the call history and in SMS notifications).

Unfortunately it looks not to be skinnable, but its default today plugin can be adjusted to take up one, two, or three lines.

I've installed it and will put it through its paces for a few days.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I was a beta tester for it, and I think it is a great app!! Phonealarm had its issues with my 700w, but this program has worked out quite well. It has a customizable picture speed-dial, automatis or manual profiles, call filters, and a count (with REPEATING alarms) for vmail, email, SMS...), and a few other useful items as well. It can stand alone, but if you have PocketPlus, or MobleShell, it becomes a tab in them seamlessly. I think it is a keeper for the long-run with me. If anybody has any questions, I will be more than happy to try and answer!!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
It sucks it's not skinnable, that's what I love about PA... its ability to adapt to my current theme by just choosing a new skin.

I wonder how well it works with the 700w/wx as some features seem to try to copy some of Palm's features. I mean, photo speed dial (which probably works with no problem), but I am more worried about the incoming call display and the option to reply with SMS. Palm already has this, although not with so many options, and we all know how sometimes apps don't play nicely with other apps that try to mess with the soft keys.

I'm gonna wait this time until I read more reviews. I jumped to Spb Mobile Shell as soon as it came out and then found out some of the issues with it.

Please post your experiences if you decide to test this app!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I agree, skinning would be nice....maybe in the future. The program works pretty well with my 700wx though. Photo speed dial works very well, and I like it because you can use in in conjunction with the Treo pic dial, allowing more choices to be seen on a screen at once. The only part I am still working on is the call filtering. The profiles work pretty well and I really like how easy it is to either automatically or manually turn the phone radio off.

Incoming call display is not affected at all, in fact PhoneSuite comes with a lot of avatars you can assign to contacts you may not have a picture for, some cool ones as well.

Any other function you want to know if it has or how it works? I have been putting it pretty much through the ringer for about a month now, so I know the program pretty well!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
tried it but already took it off. just nothing great and new. pic dial, like it in diary better, i like the profiles in profiles for windows mobile better, easier to see what profile is on and to change, in phone alarm, it will tell you if the bluetooth or wifi is on just on your today screen...oh well...

Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
I'm curious as well to see how people like this app. I own phonealarm but haven't used it for so long since it just seems so buggy on my wx. If I could get something that could handle profiles reliably, I'd be stoked.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I have to say that I am liking this app. First thing that got my attention was a working call filtering plugin. This seems to work very nicely so far.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
does it allow the use of MP3s for SMS notifications? honestly, thats all i use phonealarm for. and PA is buggy as hell on my ppc6700.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
anyone know how or what the automatic profiles do. how does it know to change to "car"...thanks...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

I haven't seen any way of using mp3 or wav sounds in the notifications, just the sounds provided so far. The automatic profiles are supposed to change automatically if you use a dock, car, headset..... I don't use a dock or auto car BT, so I can't attest to their usage. I have found (in the 700w) the BT actually worked better for me (installing Hannips BT fix for wx tonight ).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software