PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969
I haven't seen any way of using mp3 or wav sounds in the notifications, just the sounds provided so far.
It can use mp3 and wav sound with this feature, just not as obvious as PA. I am using them right now. Here is the steps you need to do to use with the WM5 default mechanism (unchecked the tool version):

1. Upload your favorite mps or wav sound to the phone.
2. goto Settings -> Sound & Notifications, hit the Manage tab and Menu -> Add, to import the mp3 or wav to the list.
3. Same window and hit the Notifications tab. In the Event window using the pull down menu to select the following options, make sure to check Play sound option and select the tune you just imported:

Messaging: New e-mail message
Messaging: New text message
Phone: Misssed call
Phine: Voice mail

4. Make sure in your PS, check to play sound in those events. I skip MMS since officially there is no MMS in Treo 700WX and Sprint version is not really MMS anyway so I only has four icons enabled as above.

Edit: If you want to use the notification mechanism within the tool, then you must copy your mp3/wav/wma files manually to \Windows directory and they will be available to the PS menu pulldown afterwards. Use above method through the system would not work as the OS copies the files to \Windows\Rings directory and appearantly PS does not scan that directory.

Jeff
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
i downloaded it yesterday and have been playing around with it....for the most part its ok....i like the functions of it and how it can be intergrated into mobile shell....i dislike the huge amount space it takes, not able to use mp3 for sounds and i still dont know how to change the profiles to what i want.....im going to keep playing with it but looks like PA is here to stay
________
Kinky.and.juicy live

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Lurker

The Lepricon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to The Lepricon
I like it pretty well. I have one major gripe. There seems to be no way to make new email/sms notifications repeat. That is the main reason I use Phonealarm. I often miss the first notification.

So, am I missing some setting somewhere, or is there no setting?

Also, seems no way to change the ringer with different profiles.

There is a setting called Phone Notifications which allows for repeat notifications. Can someone explain this setting to me? Maybe it's what I'm looking for.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
N00b

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Hoshtaylor Send a message via Yahoo to Hoshtaylor
Question for everyone...in the Call Filtering...if I put a phone number on the black list, will that block SMS messages from that number as well...? Or does it just block the phone calls...?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I believe it just blocks the calling.

late,
Coz
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Also, SPB just released an update (version 1.1.1.) for Phone Suite on 28 August.

I've attached the cab below.

late,
Coz
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpbPhoneSuite1.1.1.zip (1.10 MB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
N00b

Hoshtaylor is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Hoshtaylor Send a message via Yahoo to Hoshtaylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Also, SPB just released an update (version 1.1.1.) for Phone Suite on 28 August.

late,
Coz
Good deal...thanx for the update Coz....
Old 09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

late,
Coz

Coz,
Thanks for the update man, I didn't even know they had one, I wish it had an autoupdate feature, I tried to download 1.1.1 from the website because I have 1.1.0 and it wanted me to pay $19.95 and I've only had it a few months! Thanks again man! =D>
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
Coz,
Thanks for the update man, I didn't even know they had one, I wish it had an autoupdate feature, I tried to download 1.1.1 from the website because I have 1.1.0 and it wanted me to pay $19.95 and I've only had it a few months! Thanks again man! =D>
If you've already paid for Phone Suite it shouldn't ask you to pay again. Fire off an email to SPB and tell them about the situation. They'll take care of it for you.

late,
Coz
Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAngryWarrior View Post
Coz,
Download the trial and use the serial number you have to register it. It should still work with 1.1.1. It will probably work with all 1.x.x versions as they come out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software