PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Software Good/Bad

Quote:
How is pocketplus doing? I used to use it all the time, but I kept losing my icons. While it was no big deal to reset them, it was a pain...

I still use Spb PhoneSuite, Time, and Weather with no hitches!
Funny you should say this, I will rename an icon and it won't stick. I guess its easy enough to ignore but its nice when things work isn't it?

Quote:
Well there has been no update since Dec 2007! but seems to still be fine for me. I like the X/close also. Tried the others and this for me seemed the cleanest.
I think Mobile Shell has been getting the attention. This is why I said that I hope they don't drop support Pocket Plus or PP altogether. I hope there is still enough demand for PP that MS doesn't take it's place. I like PP much better.

Quote:
I've used the following SPB applications on my 700wx running WM5 with zero problems and zero slow-downs or impacts to phone performance:

SPB Mobile Shell--used it since it first came out...no problems.
SPB Phone Suite--see above.
SPB Backup--first offerings were iffy....new version is stable.
SPB Online--no problems.

late,
Coz
Hmph. Same device and carrier. You seem to be having much better luck my friend. Phone Suit didn't play nicely with Kinoma on my 700wx (Sprint). I would like to think SPB's offering are solid/stable...

Quote:
Greetings. The newest version of gprs monitor appears to slow down your/device data connection. I noticed that when running pocket speedtest. With gprs installed the results are around 100kbps and without gprs results are around 500-600kbps. And talking about overlapping, if you already own spb weather and spb insight, getting spb online would be kinda (my opinion) pointless, unless a few strange t.v channels, radio, and a few online games is worth $30 to you. Overall, i personally love spb products. dschoenike
Thanks for the insight! This is interesting about GPRS. Too bad.

Thanks gang!
More thoughts?

Bill
Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

iAfter re-reading my post, i just want clarify my statement. I think spb online is a great program, and it has alot of nice features. All i meant was that it may not be worth $30 to someone who already has spb weather and insight, considering those 2 are major components of spb online. Also for anyone who uses spb pocketplus, over at spbclub, you can find lots of nice and original replacement icons. dschoenike
Attached Files
File Type: zip UltimateMax_IconSet.zip (972.8 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dschoenike; 09-27-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

I tried adding Phone Suit and Time to my 700wx, though not at the same time to avoid not knowing where a problem originated should I encounter one. They both gave me the same problem with Kinoma Play. When the screen would shut off the music would stop. Turning the device back on reset the song to the beginning but without audio. Both had to go.

Pocket Plus seems to be working for the most part but unfortunately it has really slowed things down on occasion. Example, my 700wx won't respond to the power button being pressed initially. This is sporadic.

It is frustrating. The propaganda of the website inspires a download. Setting it up makes you realize how great the User Experience could be. Then stability issues arise.

Bill
Old 09-28-2008, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
iAfter re-reading my post, i just want clarify my statement. I think spb online is a great program, and it has alot of nice features. All i meant was that it may not be worth $30 to someone who already has spb weather and insight, considering those 2 are major components of spb online. Also for anyone who uses spb pocketplus, over at spbclub, you can find lots of nice and original replacement icons. dschoenike
& if you're looking for TV watching, SlingBox Mobile is by FAR & AWAY the best option available (& I use the Diamond Weather Panel theme for weather). I get 200 cable channels including HBO on demand from my SB.......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software