PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard/G3 (MDA)
Carrier: T-Mobile

sag7392 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Winterface by Vito

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/sup...il.php?ID=2069

So, I saw this new task manager from Vito today. I already have Goodwin, but I downloaded and gave it a spin for a few hours. Here's what I found.

I like the black skin, but I have learned that in the sun the screen is pretty much no good...can't see a thing.
I like the flow once you have it set up, but it can be a pain (the manual didn't work, so I had to figure it out based on the webpage). The nice piece is that you can pick what you want to use on the screen...sorta like a huge favorites kind of thing.
There were some icons that had color and some that did not. The icons with color looked great on the black background, but I think all icons should have color.
If you have SMS-Chat or Fun-Contact, you'll find that there are some duplicate icons...like the sms icon. Also, the icons that keep count of missed sms, email, pic mail, missed calls, and tasks do not show up with this manager. So that kind of sucks.
Although this program is in the Windows start-up menu, it doesn't start up when powering up.
I like how you can put contacts on a page and it does everything you would want it to do.
I think there should be date/time/battery/antenna strength/and maybe access to ring profiles at the top of the main page...just like Goodwin has. I mean there are icons that show date (calender), time (clocks), battery (battery), but that takes up space for other things...when it could be placed at the top.
Last, the screen that ask you to swipe it to open the program is very annoying...slide to unlock is fine.

That's it for now...I switched back to Goodwin until they work the bugs out. If they do, this task manager will rock!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sp0nge is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sp0nge Send a message via MSN to sp0nge Send a message via Yahoo to sp0nge Send a message via Skype™ to sp0nge
Re: Winterface by Vito

Yeah, It looks like it has potential. Good Stuff
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

trying it myself and agree some ways this one rocks, very smooth and easy to setup and move around icons, but i to would like a bettery battery/signal display, i hope and am sure they will improve on it
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I assume this works much like SPB mobile shell and stays on in the background?

I am more interested in a start menu replacement and do not need a today screen replacement.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'll be following this one as it's cheaper than SPB Mobile Shell and looks like it gives some good customizability. Still, I'm not going to replace SPB just yet,
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I tried it too. +1 for bad manual... that is not even close to explaining the lack of instructions. My 9 year old daughter could write a better manual.

It was pretty cool with the functionality but I just don't think that they put a lot of thought into the serious level of customization that a lot of like to do with our PPCs. But the idea is cool and we'll just have to wait and see where they go from here.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

To be totally honesty, it ran great on my Mogul. It had a very low memory footprint and was very easy to use. It also had a nice flow to it overall and the way you move icons around was pretty cool.

I just didn't like the lack of customizations out of the gate. Sure I could have started ripping it apart, but why should I have to go through all that? Why couldn't they just include the ability to use themes or something similar?

I already uninstalled it, but will keep watching it to see how they do in future releases. It definitely does have potential...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Lurker

vixol is a n00b

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We’ve got lots of wishes of how to make Winterface even better so we’ll try not to disappoint everybody’s expectations and work hard on improving Winterface.
By the way, VITO has started its blog http://blog.iwindowsmobile.com, if you want to learn more about the application you are welcome to read extracts from different reviews on Winterface.
For our convenience it would be great if you post your ideas on improvement of the program there.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard/G3 (MDA)
Threadstarter

sag7392 is just getting started
Question Re: Winterface by Vito

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixol View Post
Thanks a lot for your feedback! We’ve got lots of wishes of how to make Winterface even better so we’ll try not to disappoint everybody’s expectations and work hard on improving Winterface.
By the way, VITO has started its blog http://blog.iwindowsmobile.com, if you want to learn more about the application you are welcome to read extracts from different reviews on Winterface.
For our convenience it would be great if you post your ideas on improvement of the program there.
Have you guys corrected the issue with the SMS and Tasklist icons not keeping a count on version 1.02? You all are doing a great job!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

sashik is a n00b

not a bad "rip" this winterface.....I think that only thing that bugged me is that whenever i made that move "across" the screen it would launch, even if I did not wanted it.....other than that...nice interface, very usable.....manual?? don't really need one. Pretty self explanatory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software