Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
sag7392
Lurker

sag7392 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Winterface by Vito

http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/sup...il.php?ID=2069

So, I saw this new task manager from Vito today. I already have Goodwin, but I downloaded and gave it a spin for a few hours. Here's what I found.

I like the black skin, but I have learned that in the sun the screen is pretty much no good...can't see a thing.
I like the flow once you have it set up, but it can be a pain (the manual didn't work, so I had to figure it out based on the webpage). The nice piece is that you can pick what you want to use on the screen...sorta like a huge favorites kind of thing.
There were some icons that had color and some that did not. The icons with color looked great on the black background, but I think all icons should have color.
If you have SMS-Chat or Fun-Contact, you'll find that there are some duplicate icons...like the sms icon. Also, the icons that keep count of missed sms, email, pic mail, missed calls, and tasks do not show up with this manager. So that kind of sucks.
Although this program is in the Windows start-up menu, it doesn't start up when powering up.
I like how you can put contacts on a page and it does everything you would want it to do.
I think there should be date/time/battery/antenna strength/and maybe access to ring profiles at the top of the main page...just like Goodwin has. I mean there are icons that show date (calender), time (clocks), battery (battery), but that takes up space for other things...when it could be placed at the top.
Last, the screen that ask you to swipe it to open the program is very annoying...slide to unlock is fine.

That's it for now...I switched back to Goodwin until they work the bugs out. If they do, this task manager will rock!