PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo and Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tn_friend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Winterface by Vito

I really like the changes made to the most recent version of this...when you miss calls and push the phone icon it directs you to the missed calls in Fun Contact (if you have it installed as well)...very nice!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_friend View Post
I really like the changes made to the most recent version of this...when you miss calls and push the phone icon it directs you to the missed calls in Fun Contact (if you have it installed as well)...very nice!!
For some reason, this doesn't work for me. When I have missed calls, it still takes me to the phone dialer screen. But overall, I agree. 1.1 is WAY better. Still a little ways to go, but it looks like they are taking our suggestions seriously. One of the main things that I was complaining about earlier is the fact that you couldn't turn their slide to unlock screen off. Well, now you can! Also, they made the calendar a little sexier and as stated before, they made the gesture more unique. I also like the addition of being able to choose/make shortcuts for individual files because now there is a way to do Sprint Music Store. (Menu, Files, Windows, Start Menu, Programs, Sprint Music).

I still wish that tapping the battery icon did something, still nothing. I would also like to be able to disable the opening gesture all together and use a mapped button. Also, why the f can we still not fill the whole screen? I still don't get not being able to put an icon in the bottom right hand corner!!! But overall, BIG step in the right direction! Keep it up VITO

Last edited by MrChainsaw; 08-22-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Just noticed that there is a 1.12 version up now, don't know of whats changed yet, if anything
Old 09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Wizard/G3 (MDA)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

sag7392 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Winterface by Vito

I must say that Vito has done it again! When I started this thread, this app had just been released and had tons of issues. Well, looks like Vito listened to the consumer and fine tuned this app...so much so, that I finally decided to give it another try. I've been playing with it for a day and I love it (so much so, I will end up buying it)! As mentioned in the post above, an update was released this morning as well...which I downloaded.

Here's my only grips- As stated by someone else...I wish they would do away with the entire gesture thing...it's a pain in the ***...I want to map it to a button so that I can switch between it and my today screen (like I did with Goodwin), without having to do the gesture. Next, come on Vito let's fill that space with an icon, lol.

That's it for now...looking good Vito =D>!

P.S.

Hey Vito, where's that SMS-Chat or is it Fun-Contact update?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo1a View Post
Same here on Mogul with 20270 cooked rom. Bummer, I really wanted to try it.
that first screen is just showing you how to launch it. if you have ftouchsl or another scrolling program, be sure to exclude winterface. worked like a charm after i did that.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheAccuser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag7392 View Post
Here's my only grips- As stated by someone else...I wish they would do away with the entire gesture thing...it's a pain in the ***...I want to map it to a button so that I can switch between it and my today screen (like I did with Goodwin), without having to do the gesture.
I second this motion. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE having to do the gesture. The ^ is a much better option than the "arc", but I still don't hit it 100% of the time...very annoying. I just want to map it to my "notes' button or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag7392 View Post
Next, come on Vito let's fill that space with an icon, lol.
There is a reason for the empty space while in portrait mode. If you switch to landscape mode, they can only fit 15 icons (5x3)...so if they allowed 16 icons in portrait, then when you switch to landscape, the last icon would spew over onto the next page messing everything up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digitalkhaos is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to digitalkhaos Send a message via AIM to digitalkhaos Send a message via MSN to digitalkhaos

I have searched everywhere and can not find where the battery icon is, I've went through applications settings, files in the winterface folder and nothing, how do I get the battery icon on the screen?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Globe

pepeng_kalywete is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to pepeng_kalywete

been using it for a week, v1.15 and everthing is ok, 3 suggestions...1) i hope they can have option to change color of the icons from plain b&w to colored. 2) put option to change themes and not only black. and 3) that the battery meter show the real battery level of my unit like how the signal bar shows the signal strenght if strong or weak and date and time....speaking of date maybe they can add the month not just the day(monday, tuesday,....) and 1, 2, 3, 4.....
O2 XDA 2 MINI
Old 11-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: boost

jfbk2009 is a n00b

I love, love, love Winterface! It soooo closely resembles the clean design and high functionality of my iPod touch. (TF3D and MS are just too cluttered and inefficient.)

I'm currently using the Lynx skin and actually wish the opposite of the poster above -- I wish there was an option to change the full color of some of the icons to match the Lynx skin.

I also wish that clicking on the Winterface battery icon would take me to my power settings. (Maybe I just need to configure a setting?)

And, I'm sure this is a pipe dream but I wish Winterface could provide me with something that looks exactly like the TF3D weather. I want to disable TF3D -- the weather tab (configured to be my first tab in TF3D) is the ONLY reason I keep it running. LOL

Last edited by jfbk2009; 11-28-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Just realized this thread is from 2008, not 2009. Sorry!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software