PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPrint

Everette is keeping up the good workEverette is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Amazing Free Golf Software!!!

This has to be the best golf range software I have ever used, plus it is free!!! It is just starting out so there are not a lot of courses included yet, but I just added one myself and it only took a couple of minutes. The support is amazing as well especially for a free app.

If you golf, want a free GPS range finder for a GPS enabled phone, then try this out. Also, support the community by adding in your local golf courses.

http://www.freecaddie.com/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: Amazing Free Golf Software!!!

Thanks...

Thats a cool program...Im gonna check it out right now.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yep, just got off the course with this thing and it was amazing. Just ridiculous how accurate it was.

Highly recommended.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:58 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everette View Post
This has to be the best golf range software I have ever used, plus it is free!!! It is just starting out so there are not a lot of courses included yet, but I just added one myself and it only took a couple of minutes. The support is amazing as well especially for a free app.

If you golf, want a free GPS range finder for a GPS enabled phone, then try this out. Also, support the community by adding in your local golf courses.

http://www.freecaddie.com/
I'll give it a shot for my next round. Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

even though i dont golf, thats pretty frickin cool
Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

I golf all the time, and while this is pretty neat, I don't know about the practicality of it. Golfing takes what, 4 hours for 18? If I kept the gps on my touch on for 4 hours, it may be dead by the end with no chargers out there. Maybe I'm just not the type of spectacular golfer that needs to know the Exact yards from the green, but I don't have much of a problem just finding the nearest yardage marker and guesstimating from there.

That said, you can be sure I'll use this next time I'm out, if not just to play with it.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
I golf all the time, and while this is pretty neat, I don't know about the practicality of it. Golfing takes what, 4 hours for 18? If I kept the gps on my touch on for 4 hours, it may be dead by the end with no chargers out there. Maybe I'm just not the type of spectacular golfer that needs to know the Exact yards from the green, but I don't have much of a problem just finding the nearest yardage marker and guesstimating from there.

That said, you can be sure I'll use this next time I'm out, if not just to play with it.

Yeah, I was super skeptical about battery life as well. Yesterday, I played a 2 hour and 15 minute round of 9 holes. This only drained my battery by 15%. I have a Mogul and not a Touch so let us all know how it handles the battery on the Touch.

Also, I am not a great golfer as well, but being able to know exactly how far it is to the front of the green, how far you need to clear in order to get over a hazard, or where exactly does that dog leg turn was unbelievably helpful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cincij is a n00b

I have been using this on my Mogul for about 2 months. I've played 4 rounds on different courses, and have been pleased so far. There is are the options to turn the screen off easily, but I did still have to replace my battery with a backup before the end of each round. I would have to say the battery limit for my Mogul is about 15-16 holes.

That being said, I love this app, and hope that the growing support for it will mean that I don't have to manually program the maps for every course in Ohio, hehe.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincij View Post
I have been using this on my Mogul for about 2 months. I've played 4 rounds on different courses, and have been pleased so far. There is are the options to turn the screen off easily, but I did still have to replace my battery with a backup before the end of each round. I would have to say the battery limit for my Mogul is about 15-16 holes.

That being said, I love this app, and hope that the growing support for it will mean that I don't have to manually program the maps for every course in Ohio, hehe.
I just got done playing 18 on a 6400 yard course and still had 65% of my battery left.

What ROM are you running (Stock, DCD, No2Chem)? I run No2Chems 5069-k ROM right now which has pretty good battery life. I also never leave the screen on when not checking the yardage. So basically I turn on the screen, check the yardage, then turn it off.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cincij is a n00b

I was running the stock Sprint ROM (3.35 I think it was..), with SPB Mobile Shell. I tried to keep the monitor off most of the time. A couple of the trips I did use the navi for the trip to the course as well.

I will try to make sure next time to leave with a fresh battery and try it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software