PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Amazing Free Golf Software!!!

regarding battery life, im pretty sure GPS is always turned on on our phones. using it is just a matter of being connected to the satellites. ive read somewhere that gps has no ill effects on our battery. it mainly just relies on how much battery the app itself uses and other factors like how many other progs you have runnings, backlight brightness, etc.

in my use, i dont think any gps really drains your bat. but its normally internet connection for me thats normally also running with it on google maps that i think causes the main battery consumption
Old 07-19-2008, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPrint
Threadstarter

Everette is keeping up the good workEverette is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Amazing Free Golf Software!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
regarding battery life, im pretty sure GPS is always turned on on our phones. using it is just a matter of being connected to the satellites. ive read somewhere that gps has no ill effects on our battery. it mainly just relies on how much battery the app itself uses and other factors like how many other progs you have runnings, backlight brightness, etc.

in my use, i dont think any gps really drains your bat. but its normally internet connection for me thats normally also running with it on Google maps that i think causes the main battery consumption
There shouldn't be any internet connection running with FreeCaddie. I think the majority of battery loss is due to the fact that people don't turn there screen off between shots. I played 18 holes today, and it only used about 15% of my battery. You also have to factor in that it took 4 hours to play the 18 as well.

I would recommend running a custom ROM like No2Chem's NueROM. He has almost all battery saving configurations set.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software