PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Everette is keeping up the good workEverette is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Amazing Free Golf Software!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy0172 View Post
I golf all the time, and while this is pretty neat, I don't know about the practicality of it. Golfing takes what, 4 hours for 18? If I kept the gps on my touch on for 4 hours, it may be dead by the end with no chargers out there. Maybe I'm just not the type of spectacular golfer that needs to know the Exact yards from the green, but I don't have much of a problem just finding the nearest yardage marker and guesstimating from there.

That said, you can be sure I'll use this next time I'm out, if not just to play with it.

Yeah, I was super skeptical about battery life as well. Yesterday, I played a 2 hour and 15 minute round of 9 holes. This only drained my battery by 15%. I have a Mogul and not a Touch so let us all know how it handles the battery on the Touch.

Also, I am not a great golfer as well, but being able to know exactly how far it is to the front of the green, how far you need to clear in order to get over a hazard, or where exactly does that dog leg turn was unbelievably helpful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.