PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who has the best backup software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtReMeP4in View Post
Does SPB back up all text messages and programs installed?
Yes, doing a full backup copies everything off your PPC, when you do a restore, it is just as you had it at the time of backup. It won't copy things onto the card unless you specifically backup the card, but it installs all the shortcuts and references to the memory card, so unless you do a hard reset AND rease the card, your still good to go (but if you do, just have a backup of both the PPC and memory card on hand LOL)!!

You can also do a backup of PIM data only, and that will capture contacts, appointments, texting...

PS- If you use the unpack module on your PC, you can read and flip through your SMS righ ton the PC.

(PPS- You can also hook up with DashWire, and have all your texting synced online!!)

Old 06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

eXtReMeP4in is a n00b

Thank you very much. I guess im set to finally upgrade this baby toe GPS and rev A! ; )
Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtReMeP4in View Post
Thank you very much. I guess im set to finally upgrade this baby toe GPS and rev A! ; )

May i suggest...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30155
Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor

I like SPB backup software and now it is not working right with new Sprint Rom 3.56. I could not back up my whole system no more. I even upgraded to new version of SBP backup 2.0 and it still does not work. It kept running the backup but never finish. Does anyone know how to work around with the new updated rom?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor

It looks like the HTC X-button in the new ROM refuses to close when Spb Backup asks it to. In SpbB, you can set it to not close processes prior to backup, which skips this and lets things proceed.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor

Thank you very much for the advise, Jeff Krivin. I finally can backup my system with Spb sofeware.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
Please indulge me as I have a few more question about using this software.

How often do the people using SPB backup actually backup their devices?
Do you schedule one using the SPB software weekly calendar?

That scheduled backup is between the device and the storage card. If you have your PC synced with the device, how often do you do backups with the PC?

What compression level are you using for your backups?

Do any of you check the box in general options for the "stand-alone restorer" and why?

Under Files options do you check the box for "Skip previous backup files" and why?
I schedule backup to run every night. I store the backups on my SD Card. I keep about 7 backups. I don't skip previous files. If I ever need to restore I just pick the newest backup and that's it, you don't have to go back to the original. The funny thing is I keep the Create stand alone unchecked and yet it still can restore without spb backup installed. I unchecked Stop Processes before backup and unchecked reset after backup. That way my phone doesnt reboot every night.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Sorry to bother you folks, but I have another quick question on the SPB Backup. I just swapped out my XV6900 for a new one 6900 with Verizon because of the cracked white casing issue that they are having that has been posted both here on PPC Geeks and also Howards Forums. When I went to do the backup in the memory card it gave me this message:

ROM version of your device is different from version on which the backup was made. Please choose upgrade mode.

The choices are:
Normal Mode
ROM Upgrade Mode
Device Upgrade Mode

There is also a box to check that says, "Overwrite existing files"

What backup mode should I select and should I check the overwrite existing files box?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Were you using a ROM you flashed onto your device, or the stock? I would think that if you were using a stock ROM, and you have a stock ROM on your new one, then selecting normal mode your work. (I wouldn't check overwrite existing files if your starting fresh....just in case!)

I would think normal would work well , but if the app is insisting it seen a new ROM, check ROM upgrade just to be safe, I really don't think it would hurt anything.

Last edited by syrguy1969; 06-27-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

i like dotfred's PIM backup, which is the best before installing any new ROM...
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software