PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who has the best backup software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
So how did you guess that I was such a newbie?
Actually, I was referring to myself, but I guess your due a welcome....aren't you? I didn't even look at your post count, enjoy the community!!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:21 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i've been having the same dilemma for a year now. I keep leaning toward sprite, especially with the new version, and the bundle with terminator..
also I find the term user friendly rather anoying. sometimes I want to see all my options, and what it's doing, instead of a magic wand.

good luck, I will be waiting to see what you decide.

also, there has been a slight benifit to not backing up the past year, as now I can do most of my customizations in my sleep.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I personally use pimBackup. and manually update my dashwire acct once a week or so. (if i remember to, lol.)
Old 06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Will the SPB backup restore all of my pop3 settings for all my email accounts or will I have to do that manually?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Will the SPB backup restore all of my pop3 settings for all my email accounts or will I have to do that manually?
SPB Backup backs up everything. You can restore from a hard reset using only SPB Backup.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I purchased the SPB backup 2.0 last night based on the overwhelming response to my question.

I do have two additional questions regarding SPB.

I downloaded the SPB Backup on my home PC and then installed on the Touch. Can I also install it on my office PC and use either desktop to sync and do backups with the device?

The second question is whether SPB has online forums like many other software companies do where you can post questions and seek advice?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for their advice. I purchased the SPB backup 2.0 last night based on the overwhelming response to my question.

I do have two additional questions regarding SPB.

I downloaded the SPB Backup on my home PC and then installed on the Touch. Can I also install it on my office PC and use either desktop to sync and do backups with the device?

The second question is whether SPB has online forums like many other software companies do where you can post questions and seek advice?
All the PC part does is allow a smoother sync of the backup files to the desktop, so I would assume you can use it on more than one PC without conflict.

As for a forum? Most definetly, a very good one as well:http://www.spbclub.com/forum/

and for Backup 2.0 specifically: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewfor...7fc2a195eb37f0
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

eXtReMeP4in is a n00b

Does SPB back up all text messages and programs installed?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtReMeP4in View Post
Does SPB back up all text messages and programs installed?
Yes, doing a full backup copies everything off your PPC, when you do a restore, it is just as you had it at the time of backup. It won't copy things onto the card unless you specifically backup the card, but it installs all the shortcuts and references to the memory card, so unless you do a hard reset AND rease the card, your still good to go (but if you do, just have a backup of both the PPC and memory card on hand LOL)!!

You can also do a backup of PIM data only, and that will capture contacts, appointments, texting...

PS- If you use the unpack module on your PC, you can read and flip through your SMS righ ton the PC.

(PPS- You can also hook up with DashWire, and have all your texting synced online!!)
Old 06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

eXtReMeP4in is a n00b

Thank you very much. I guess im set to finally upgrade this baby toe GPS and rev A! ; )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software