PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who has the best backup software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Were you using a ROM you flashed onto your device, or the stock? I would think that if you were using a stock ROM, and you have a stock ROM on your new one, then selecting normal mode your work. (I wouldn't check overwrite existing files if your starting fresh....just in case!)

I would think normal would work well , but if the app is insisting it seen a new ROM, check ROM upgrade just to be safe, I really don't think it would hurt anything.
I did not change the ROM in my original 6900 so Verizon must be shipping newer XV6900 models with an updated ROM even though both phones are WM 6.0 professional. Based on that, should I still select normal or ROM upgrade mode and should I still not check the overwrite existing files box?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
I did not change the ROM in my original 6900 so Verizon must be shipping newer XV6900 models with an updated ROM even though both phones are WM 6.0 professional. Based on that, should I still select normal or ROM upgrade mode and should I still not check the overwrite existing files box?
I would do that, select upgrade ROM and to not overwrite existing files.

That is just my opinion though, others will most likely chime in as well. I just don't really see how it could hurt...the way I see it, the worse-case scenario is that it messes up the device, and you have to do a hard reset and try a different choice for the restore!!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Everything is restored but I did check the box for overwriting existing files as per the SPB forum that I double checked with. The phone is operating normally and I have done everything correctly.

However the new phone is not letting me do the normal SPB backup to the memory card. It stalls in the beginning of the backup process and the phone totally freezes. I have to do a soft reset to get the phone running again. Do I have to uninstall the SPB Backup and reinstall it on the memory card?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Everything is restored but I did check the box for overwriting existing files as per the SPB forum that I double checked with. The phone is operating normally and I have done everything correctly.

However the new phone is not letting me do the normal SPB backup to the memory card. It stalls in the beginning of the backup process and the phone totally freezes. I have to do a soft reset to get the phone running again. Do I have to uninstall the SPB Backup and reinstall it on the memory card?
That one is new to me, It sounds like it is conflicting with something. Maybe the device lock or something like that? I would try to re-install Backup, and if that doesn't work, post this situation over on the SPB forums, I bet somebody over there can figure it out!! Let me know what happens!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Lurker

AKAJohnDoe is a n00b

I have Sprite, Spb, Resco, and SKTools. I run Sprite and Spb scheduled, automated, daily; Sprite to the SD card, Spb to the CF card. If I need to restore I almost always use Sprite.

Last edited by AKAJohnDoe; 06-30-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker

AKAJohnDoe is a n00b

Quote:
Please indulge me as I have a few more question about using this software.

How often do the people using SPB backup actually backup their devices?
Do you schedule one using the SPB software weekly calendar?

That scheduled backup is between the device and the storage card. If you have your PC synced with the device, how often do you do backups with the PC?

What compression level are you using for your backups?

Do any of you check the box in general options for the "stand-alone restorer" and why?

Under Files options do you check the box for "Skip previous backup files" and why?
Here you go

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software