PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Lurker

nikonx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
smart contacts

Hey guys, I think I want to uninstall the Mobile Shell because i have been having battery life issues. However, I love the smart contacts part of it and was wondering if there was another program that does the same thing?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nmeister is a n00b
Re: smart contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonx
Hey guys, I think I want to uninstall the Mobile Shell because i have been having battery life issues. However, I love the smart contacts part of it and was wondering if there was another program that does the same thing?
Do you have the battery issues with the 1.5 beta posted in this thread? If you like the contacts portion, take a look at inesoft address book.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Lurker

nikonx is a n00b
Haven't tried the beta yet. I guess I will give it a shot. As for Inesoft Address Book, it looks good but I use Pocket Informant and I feel like having multiple Contacts programs will cause some inconveniences or issues
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
WP Theme for Mobile Shell

WeatherPanel Freaks:

I've been modding Commuter-240 to take advantage of Mobile Shell. The theme is called "Son-of-Commuter-240". This concept is "clear" and shows more weather - it takes advantage of the entire tab area. I tried to cram more info on the main layout without cluttering it up too much. It has all of the Commuter-240 features except for the "actual moon phase" - that won't work with a clear theme. Here's some screen shots with various backgrounds:

Let me know what you think - I can post this theme in a day or two (unless you all hate it )

BTW: WP-Pilot does work with this setup - but not when "auto-hide" mode is selected.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
Frickin' awesome. Please post.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: WP Theme for Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
WeatherPanel Freaks:

I've been modding Commuter-240 to take advantage of Mobile Shell. The theme is called "Son-of-Commuter-240". This concept is "clear" and shows more weather - it takes advantage of the entire tab area. I tried to cram more info on the main layout without cluttering it up too much. It has all of the Commuter-240 features except for the "actual moon phase" - that won't work with a clear theme. Here's some screen shots with various backgrounds:

Let me know what you think - I can post this theme in a day or two (unless you all hate it )

BTW: WP-Pilot does work with this setup - but not when "auto-hide" mode is selected.
Holy sh*te!

StoryR: it's awesome and sooo perfect (love the title too, lol).

Definitely post it whenever you wrap it up

Those commuter icon are just so....beautiful
Old 06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I knew their was a reason I bit the bullet yesterday and bought Mobile Shell.

JUST FREAKIN' INCREADIBLE!!!

Please do post when you are finished.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

nmeister is a n00b
Re: WP Theme for Mobile Shell

Quote:
WeatherPanel Freaks:

I agree with everyone else... this is exactly what I was hoping for.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA

Ok, here's a "beta" version to try - before I publish it for general consumption. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Note: I've only run SPB Mobile Shell (beta 1.5) and this WP theme on an emulator - not my Treo. That's why I'd like you to try it out. Because it's fairly tall, I'm interested in how well it fits - particularly without hideLogo. I think it looks pretty good, and it really can't be shortened without losing the concept.

Please post screen shots with your questions/issues...

Enjoy!

Update 6/11/07: Removed download (downloaded 27 times). Official Son-of-Commuter-240 post can be found here
Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Son-of-Commuter-240-QVGA

Quote:
Ok, here's a "beta" version to try - before I publish it for general consumption. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Note: I've only run SPB Mobile Shell (beta 1.5) and this WP theme on an emulator - not my Treo. That's why I'd like you to try it out. Because it's fairly tall, I'm interested in how well it fits - particularly without hideLogo. I think it looks pretty good, and it really can't be shortened without losing the concept.

Please post screen shots with your questions/issues...

Enjoy!
Looks great to me! I used Hidelogo but also had PhoneWeaver in it's place, so it was still pushed down by one-line and everything fit. I'm loving those secondary screens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software